• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

4 Jours de Dunkerque 2014 (2.HC), 07. - 11.05

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
yea, the six man team decision is starting to look like a no-brainer in these stage races at least.

6 man teams for all races except GTs is to me the future. Sure it means that there might be a few more 'Walkowiak style" race winners, outsiders who took advantage of the peloton's wickness. But it will mainly mean that leaders will have to fight sooner.

veji11 said:
6 man teams for all races except GTs is to me the future. Sure it means that there might be a few more 'Walkowiak style" race winners, outsiders who took advantage of the peloton's wickness. But it will mainly mean that leaders will have to fight sooner.
Hopefully it will also mean teams will enter more races, and small(er) races will easier attract a better field, and will find it easier to get attention (and money). Plus fewer riders should make it cheaper too.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Good call.

Excellent ride by him and Chava.

Demare digging deep to keep the jersey.

Thank you, yes he was awesome today, I´m very happy for him, and he even looked like the strongest of the 2.
We will hear much more of the young dane in the future :)

PunchingRouleur said:
Great racing here as always.
That muddy wet cobbles yesterday were awesome and today was really thrilling.
Shame that this race doesn't get more recognition.

This.

Racing here has been more attractive than in all the mountains they threw at us in Cataluña. A pity it is so weather-dependant. Let's hope there are some strong crosswinds the first week of july too.

Stage 4

thumb_uc_202131_506_Hoehenprofil_4_Jours_de_Dunkerque__Tour_du_Nord-pas-de-Calais_2014_-_Etappe_4.jpg

As always the organizers have found a way to have the races finish at the same time. This stage is scheduled to finish 17:00. An hour earlier would probably have doubled the people watching the stage on telly.

I'm certain Chava will try and win the race overall. Valgren should have a go too, rather than the placement game.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Demare will fight for it. Chava needs to account for the bonus on last stage, so a slight win is not enough. I am pretty sure though that FDJ will keep a lit on it today, the stage seems "easier" on paper than yesterday (or more cobbles classics like if you wish than yesterday)

Really a great race! Cobbles and echelons for the win !

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Not sure I got it right, but is Demare in the third group several minutes behind the second group lead by Tinkoff-Saxo?

edit: I think I got it wrong. Tinkoff is leading the group with Demare in it. Several different groups ahead.

Yep, I´m not sure how many groups ahead, the peloton are sweeping up riders time to time, but why Saxo sits in the Peloton leading the bunch with Kump in the break is a bit strange, or they simply keep safe by being in front.

Butterhead said:
Yep, I´m not sure how many groups ahead, the peloton are sweeping up riders time to time, but why Saxo sits in the Peloton leading the bunch with Kump in the break is a bit strange, or they simply keep safe by being in front.
Do you know if any in the Kump group is a danger for the GC (within a few minutes)? They do have quite a gap after all...

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
But I guess the finish must be an uphil since they chase so hard, they obviously believes Kump cant win the final. Maybe you know how the profile is like today?

Ok. The following riders are in the front group: Houle, Pichot, Petit, Veuchelen, Kump, Benedetti, Rossetto, Kowalski and Amorison.

Amorison is best in GC 2'31 after Demare. Petit is 2nd best 6'34 after.

I think that explains why IAM and Tinkkoff are chasing.

Currently they have a gap of 6'05 with 50km to go.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Ok. The following riders are in the front group: Houle, Pichot, Petit, Veuchelen, Kump, Benedetti, Rossetto, Kowalski and Amorison.

Amorison is best in GC 2'31 after Demare. Petit is 2nd best 6'34 after.

I think that explains why IAM and Tinkkoff are chasing.

Currently they have a gap of 6'05 with 50km to go.

Sounds about right to me. thanks. :)

TRENDING THREADS