• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

46th Amstel Gold Race (The maze) - Sunday April 17, 2011

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lanark said:
Do you have source for that or is it just speculation?

I got it from an article in the "AD Sportwereld" yesterday. It was nothing definitive, but Leo van Vliet (the leading man behind AGR) was certainly considering it.
Today the same newspaper reports that Maastricht isn't planning on letting the AGR go though.
The contract ends next year so there won't change anything in 2012, but I think it's likely it will change for 2013.

Personally I'd say remove the finish on the top of the Cauberg and move it 2km after the Cauberg. This will change the dynamic of the race as well.