• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

52nd Brabantse Pijl 196km

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Isn't that why we love the sport? 150 + riders from start and all with a chance of winning - some with higher chances of winning than others, obviously, but they are still in there to race the race. ...

I don't know if it's possible (propably not) but in generally races should be raced more for winning not saving energy or using them as a preparation for other races.

This is difficult question because you can't be in the top form all the time. And yes, you have to race to get in that top form.

OK, this is cycling and this is how it goes, but it really bothers me when somebody is using for exemple vuelta as a preparation to WC. That's good for cyclist and WC, but not for vuelta. And that is bad thing.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Museeuw said:
F''k you too!

Who is talking about doping?

Have to say that Johan just did what everyone else of his generation did. Simple as that. But was he clean when he took his big victories? No one has proven opposite.

sorry, my bad I misread. I'm kind of sensitive on these things :)