• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question 5th to 8th after the time trial

I really don't think many people expect any change, given the gaps, in the top 4, and the gap between 8th and 9th is unspeakably unlikely to be closed by Foss or anyone else, so the most relevant GC outcome liable to change today will be in positions 5-8
Currently:
Bardet
Martínez +8"
Carthy +36"
Almeida +1'02"

Poll closes shortly before Dan Martin starts his ride.

Unfortunately Bardet is a terrible TTer. He just can't put a lot of power down unless the road is going uphill. And he'll be drained from yesterday (as will Carthy). I think Almeida is going to lay down big numbers; he seems to be riding with, maybe not anger, but he's trying to prove that he should have been No. 1 all along for DQS. So I'd say Almeida/Martinez/Carthy/Bardet.

Carthy trully declining in the last week and Almeida losing the 5th by fractions of a second, He won 54 seconds on Martinez although, so not far away from the 60 seconds I predicted that Almeida would take on Martinez on a 30k flat iTT. A well deserved prize for the super domestique reaching a Top5 in a GT. At the end just disappointed with Carthy's iTT

TRENDING THREADS