• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

61st Eschborn-Frankfurt, WT classic, May 1st

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Wait... why is this World Tour?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Lefevere broke his knees and shipped him towards Jayco. He's such a disgusting human being!
Lefevere proved mostly wright about the riders with an expiring contract who no longer wanted to perform or who wanted to earn more... without performing. Almeida, Cav, Bennett, Schmidt, Cavagna etc. They proved they couldn't perform better in another team. Even performing worse. The same will happen with Alaphilippe. These riders should look in the mirror if they want to make something of their career..... if not too late. With the exception of Cav. He had a very nice career. At Lefevere and at other teams. He was simply too old when he left Lefevere the last time to perform for another team.... although he didn't seem to realize it at the time. In the meantime, he and his current team have realized this for a long time.

Reactions: CPT. Z
Lefevere proved mostly wright about the riders with an expiring contract who no longer wanted to perform or who wanted to earn more... without performing. Almeida, Cav, Bennett, Schmidt, Cavagna etc. They proved they couldn't perform better in another team. Even performing worse. The same will happen with Alaphilippe. These riders should look in the mirror if they want to make something of their career..... if not too late. With the exception of Cav. He had a very nice career. At Lefevere and at other teams. He was simply too old when he left Lefevere the last time to perform for another team.... although he didn't seem to realize it at the time. In the meantime, he and his current team have realized this for a long time.

Man, Schmid is coming back from a serious injury. His lack of results have nothing to do with him leaving QS.

Reactions: StryderHells
Voted Vino/other due to answer of the OP question is:
"Obviously because this is really Rund um den Henninger-Turm". Of which I still name this race. Just as I still call Het Volk "Het Volk".
I don't accept the premises that this race should've ceased prestige, just as I don't accept it for AGR.

Well missed the calendar, last month didn't think my life could get more busy, I was wrong.
Will pretend today is May 1st and watch the race unbeknownst of the result yet :D

Reactions: QueenStagiaire
Man, Schmid is coming back from a serious injury. His lack of results have nothing to do with him leaving QS.
"Man". Let me remind you that the second part of last season Schmidt performed not at all. Even with 3 DNF in september/begin october. It's the same all the time when riders leave or want to leave a team. Not performing the last year/months, but they all want to be paid till december. Then, with that attitude and bad basic form, those riders don't perform their first year (sometimes even the next seasons) in their new team. Maybe Schmidt had bad luck this season, but that is not the only reason.

"Man". Let me remind you that the second part of last season Schmidt performed not at all. Even with 3 DNF in september/begin october. It's the same all the time when riders leave or want to leave a team. Not performing the last year/months, but they all want to be paid till december. Then, with that attitude and bad basic form, those riders don't perform their first year (sometimes even the next seasons) in their new team. Maybe Schmidt had bad luck this season, but that is not the only reason.

He was already having knee issues at the end of last season, man/women/whatever you want identify as.

Schmid is simply not a good example to use to prove your Lefevere is always right narrative, even tho I agree there's a lot of riders that stop trying at the end of seasons when they know they're going to leave. But that's not a problem for QS alone, happens at every team.

A comparison - Schmid started his season at the end of March at Miguel Indurain after an injury setback, while his teammate Scotson who suffered through injury started his season at the Tour of the Alps - You get to the Echborn Frankfurt race - Scotson makes the final selection and Schmid is nowhere to be seen - Schmid is a better rider so the result suggests that he is still suffering from injury - Anyway, Schmid needs to improve lots to make the TDF squad.