• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

64. Österriech Rundfahrt

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
True, Betancur has been one of the best in hilly stages for like 2 months or something now. The guy is only 23, he's al ready proven his talent in Trentino, and a few hilly races left and right. He just needs to relax now and try to build another peak for Emilia and Lombardia etc.

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Could a mod maybe correct the typo in the thread title Österriech to Österreich - thanks a lot!

Btw, wish this year's Tour de France had a difficult stage finish climb like today's Tour of Austria stage to the Kitzbüheler Horn! :)

Took me 8 hours to get from the foot of the climb, to the top!:eek::D
Finally watched it all.
Surprised no one commented upon Spilak blowing a gasket.

The Russian Soler, theyoungest? I like that, as I was thinking the same thought.

Probably be the same again, tomorrow, for me and as for Wednesday, that's a 11-30CET start......

.....Girlie Giro, next. So much cycling, so little time.

it will be uploaded soon i understand on cyclingtorrents

check it,killer and his grinta are slowly coming back...still lots of work to be done though

06.jpg

TIK_02_08.jpg

that's the look i missed the most.they don't call him killer for nothing

12.jpg

TIK_02_16.jpg

_O_

I think the race might come down to Di Luca, Morabito, Vrecer, Dyachenko or Pinotti.

If BMC are smart they will send riders in the breaks to stop Di Luca getting time bonuses/ stretch his team.

Sounded like an exciting stage- congrats to Di Luca.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Wow, you really don't know nothing about this race or its contenders. :p

Rohregger, Dyachenko, Vrecer, Pinotti, hell, even König will all pass Morabito in the ITT.

Morabito's TT ability isn't as crap as you say it is.
He has done pretty decents TTs when he is on form and is riding for GC.
For example in tour de suisse 2010 when he was riding for GC he did pretty decent TTs there to get him 4th in GC.

Of course I may be wrong, as his TT is a bit unpredictable. I expect him to lose time in stage 5 or 4 anyway.

After seeing dyachenko's name there, I think he must be the favourite now.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Of course I am not a proponent of doping, but when Danilo was juicing, there wasn't a better show in cycling, except maybe for Vino, a close second. When DiLuca used to attack, I would jump up outta my seat and start screaming for him. I remember one Giro where I bet I lost five pounds just watching Dan. What was really great was that immediately after the stage while drenched in sweat, Dan could give a perfect interview: His blood was in such good shape that he wouldn't even breathe hard. Now look at him, and all of them. Now the riders can't even talk for ten minutes. Hell, they fall off their bikes at the end of the stage.
So, even though it has taken Dan a few years, and he is getting a bit long in tooth, it seems he may have some real/natural/God-given form. I'd like to see him win this race.

taken by me

Kitzbueheler Horn-Alpenhaus
2012:7,8 km@11,7%---32:47---average speed 14.28 km/h(Danilo Di Luca)
2011:7,8 km@11,7%---31:16---average speed 14.97 km/h(Fredrik Kessiakoff)
2010:7,8 km@11,7%---30:13---average speed 15.49 km/h(Riccardo Ricco)

if i'm not wrong ricky doesn't even have the record ascent,i understood that rohregger went faster a few years back

danilo is on the right way to his old level if you keep in mind that this kind of climbs are not made for him at all.the level was very poor though

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
thanks

killeeeeer!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a legend

Legends are always back, no sport without it. Congrats! :)

What a climb it was, ah... probably it has the hardest climb used in the races under the auspices of uci

That finally climb would have been OK, had they finished 5km from the bottom, not 25.
Nice "catch" by Kevin Seeldrayers on the barrier. The wet certainly made a couple of bends, tricky.

I couldn't believe it, when Sacha Modolo turned up to take the sprint on a supposed mountain stage.

Maybe Gavazzi will take it today, when things are set to get a bit tougher.

Maybe I'll get to see it all before Thursday's stage is over.:eek:

(coverage today starts at 11-30CET)