• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

71st Tour de Romandie - April 25th-30th

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
portugal11 said:
Froome is weaker than last year at this moment
That still doesn't really mean anything. Last year he was weaker than in 2015, and in 2015 he was weaker than in 2014. If the Tour de Romandie was an indicator for his general shape, he would be decling since 2014 but after a one month long pause he shows up in the Dauphine with the same shape every year.
I know mate... but after his performance in catalunya, i was expecting much better from him. He was worse than almost 40 riders

In all seriousness, I really do think will have trouble winning the TdF, especially on such a course. Won't be no walk in the park at all. Too early to tell if he has declined, but this couldn't be according to plan. Maybe Im overreacting here, but TdF is on.

Re:

Red Rick said:
I'm inclined to give Froome a chance.

The 'lets wait for the Dauphine' argument is not trademarked by Contador fans.
No doubt he still is the favourite going in (if he doesn't mess Dauphine completely up), but where to demolish the field on that course?.. The 2 hardest mountain stages finishes downhill and the time trials are short, its not really a speciliaty of Froome's.

And on top of that, Porte is the best he has ever been, I think. Valverde probably as well. Contador and Quintana will be unknowns tho.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Not a great day for SKY ...in more ways than one

Also must say with Thomas & Landa at the Giro , Poles recovering rom injury SKY team may not be so strong in July which is a good thing

Porte, Valverde & Contador must be slightly encouraged

Landa, Thomas, Elissonde, Rosa will be doing the Giro
Poels and Benat Intrauxi still recovering from injury

That leaves Henao and Nieve as his top mt domestiques.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Ikbengodniet said:
What is this panic attack about Froome? He will be allright. I can see him probably out of the box crush the time trial tomorrow.

There's certain people here that are particuarly active that want to create drama out of nothing, its because of that you feel there's people thinking that while actually its just few lunatics :p

Lil' Richie Port smashed that climb gracefully :D I actually wanted him to win the stage, but AY took a free ride on him. As far as Froome- what folks aren't talking about about is the insane Yo-Yo pull he did in the last 2K to limit the damage - he was 3 minutes back when Richie took off :eek:

hfer07 said:
Lil' Richie Port smashed that climb gracefully :D I actually wanted him to win the stage, but AY took a free ride on him. As far as Froome- what folks aren't talking about about is the insane Yo-Yo pull he did in the last 2K to limit the damage - he was 3 minutes back when Richie took off :eek:

So he made up just under 2 mins ?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
Relax. Froome will be fine for the Tour.

Porte peaking too early is more of a problem.
This, the guy has been flying since the Tour Down Under, I was expecting him to take it rather easy in Romandie, just like last year.
TJVG was the strongest guy behin Porte. :eek:
Buchmann still isn't at his best and the climb was probably too short for him, but that was still a pretty good ride.
Simon Yates is really a great rider who always tries to attack, that was well deserved.
Anass Ait El Abdia really surprised me, for a young rider who hasn't even raced in a PCT team before this year he's really strong, great performance.
Spilak finished with Froome, I fear that he's past his prime. :(