• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

72nd Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (02/03-2019) - 200 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
42x16ss said:
MartinGT said:
Matthews FTW
Would like to see that, he's been so much better to watch since leaving Mitchelton. If his form is similar to last year's its possible.

No rider in the last 20 years (and I doubt it happened before) has won the Omloop without a single race day before in the season.

Roger De Vlaeminck won it on his very first day as a professional.

Re: Re:

search said:
tobydawq said:
Sunweb have added Louis Vervaeke to their lineup. Not really a race for a climber, one would think.

It'll also be interesting to see what Teuns can do. He was 2nd in the U23 Omloop a couple of years ago (and won the junior's race), but maybe he had a bit more weight back then?

Who will be best of Teuns and Theuns? The real battle.

But yes, I'm also intrigued to see ham. Bahrain had a very, very interesting squad (unfortunately with no Mohoric, it's a little less interesting now, but Colbrelli could also get his cobbles breakthrough).

Wind speed:

D0kTqexXgAAlRso.jpg

Wind gusts:

D0kTqewXQAMHYDp.jpg

tobydawq said:
search said:
tobydawq said:
Sunweb have added Louis Vervaeke to their lineup. Not really a race for a climber, one would think.

It'll also be interesting to see what Teuns can do. He was 2nd in the U23 Omloop a couple of years ago (and won the junior's race), but maybe he had a bit more weight back then?

But yes, I'm also intrigued to see ham. Bahrain had a very, very interesting squad (unfortunately with no Mohoric, it's a little less interesting now, but Colbrelli could also get his cobbles breakthrough).

Add Teunissen to the mix to make it really fun!

You're intrigued to see "ham"? Linguistically confused there?

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
search said:
tobydawq said:

Ire you iwire of how close the i ind a buttons ire on my keyboird??

There are six national road champions among the 173 riders taking the start at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad tomorrow. The national champion jerseys we’ll see will be worn by:

Pascal Ackermann, Champion of Germany
Antoine Duschene, Champion of Canada
Bob Jungels, Champion of Luxembourg
Yves Lampaert, Champion of Belgium
Alexey Lutsenko, Champion of Kazakhstan
Lukas Pöstlberger, Champion of Austria

RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
search said:
tobydawq said:

I spend most of my waking life intrigued by ham

Midnightfright said:
RedheadDane said:
tobydawq said:
search said:
tobydawq said:

I spend most of my waking life intrigued by ham

The alleged linguistical confusion stems from the fact that "ham" is the Danish ord for "him".

Re:

Robert5091 said:
It will be interesting to see how CCC & QS fight it out as both teams are going for one day races & not GTs.
A bizarre thing to say about one of the five teams that put a rider on a GC podium last year. They've won about 20%(?) of all the GT stages over the past three years. Remco isnt exactly focused on classics either.

Sure, the classics are more important, but the GT's are far from being ignored. CCC on the other hand appear to only have a classics squad.

Re:

Jakobsen out sick until PN probably.

tobydawq said:
Well, the way he's been climbing the past few years, maybe a flat race is a better fit for this climber. Also, he started out on the mountainbike IIRC, so his bikehandling should be better than the average climber.