• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Dwars door Vlaanderen - A travers la Flandre ME (1.UWT): 29/3

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don’t want to enflame the sensibilities of some posters, but for me now “they”in the singular usually connotes a trans individual. Last week I did a research trip that included 10 hours of driving with a coworker/good friend whose daughter (who I know well) goes by “they” and it’s became normative for me now.

Lots of trans people just use "he" or "she". ;)

On this forum it’s simpler just to use a short version of the forum name than guessing at a personal pronoun :)

You're right, Sci.

The people at Rouleur talking about the important matters:

Im not so sure. He was strong today, but has been struggling with the positioning and the explosive hills, so I can see him fall behind important splits several times on Sunday and Uno-X probably won’t be strong enough to bring him back.
We’ll see if he employs his former strategy (vs. Cancellara) of getting in a group that is out in front of the big guns before they get to the penultimate Kwaremont ascent and then trying to hang on from there? But even if he does, it’s hard to imagine he could stay in contact on the final Kwaremont-Paterburg combo given how hard those will be ridden. I’ve read that he was more suited to RVV than Roubaix, but at this point I would think he has a better (still slight) chance to podium at PR than he will this weekend.

Reactions: Andy262
The people at Rouleur talking about the important matters:

Is he that important to deserve his own thread?

Reactions: Sandisfan
I can't imagine anymore how Küng actually wants to win a classic anytime. Yes, he's strong. Always around. Works a lot. But he misses any speciality to actually make a winning move. My friend today claimed it as well. Küng always closes gaps. But he's got zero punch to jump away. He always carries along 2 or 3 riders with him.

I always thought that it would take harsh conditions. Rain and wind. So he can just power away like a locomotive. A minor race like Across Flanders. That's why I actually had some hopes today. But still it seems he just can't finish it off. He already tried last year. His shape was excellent in 2022.

Doesn't have the sprint. Too heavy to make the difference on the knolls.

I can't imagine anymore how Küng actually wants to win a classic anytime. Yes, he's strong. Always around. Works a lot. But he misses any speciality to actually make a winning move. My friend today claimed it as well. Küng always closes gaps. But he's got zero punch to jump away. He always carries along 2 or 3 riders with him.

I always thought that it would take harsh conditions. Rain and wind. So he can just power away like a locomotive. A minor race like Across Flanders. That's why I actually had some hopes today. But still it seems he just can't finish it off. He already tried last year. His shape was excellent in 2022.

Doesn't have the sprint. Too heavy to make the difference on the knolls.
Either by sheer force in Roubaix, or by figuring out how to sneak away in one of these races, or by somehow running into a sprint where everyone else is completely empty. Wouldn't bet on any of those, though, especially as long as he continues to do far too much work in pulling and closing gaps.

Or he could join Jumbo ;)

Reactions: Andy262

TRENDING THREADS