• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Romandie needs a major overhaul in general. The place on the calendar is unsuitable weather-wise with some key passes not open yet (e.g. Col de la Croix, the natural lead-in to tomorrow's finish), doesn't fit that well with any of Ardennes, Giro and Tour, and the route is almost always poor. Unquestionably the worst of the big 7 one-week races.
I agree it's a mediocre race but it used to be a go-to spring races for the tour guys. Tour winner also did Romandie in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011. Wonder what changed

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't think they should change the calendar, I think they should just put less time trials. TTs are Mickey mouse, there is no glory in winning them. Just put some really hard mountains stages , no messing around. That stage with Yates and Pinot last year was good. Maybe it's cold and wet, but there has to be a race for climbers who are good on the cold and wet, now that they cancel all giro stages where it's raining

Reactions: Escarabajo
Funniest TDR memory was being able to audibly hear Tj Van Garderen begging Froome not to attack him as he darts off into the distance in I think 2016.
-Thomas crashing himself by getting out of the saddle 25m before the finish was a good one

-Simon gescke almost doing a foliforov

-Zakarin getting relegated just for beating Quintana

-Anytime Spilak played with prime Froome like a cat with a mouse