• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Damn if Lipowitz had attacked a few meters earlier he would have won. Biathlon lost a talent, cycling gain one.

Good to see Carapaz back and if Rodriguez takes GC tomorrow it will be Ineos biggest win a while.

I have always thought it was a bit too much of Ayuso to race this after Itzulia, Amstel and Flèche, guess I was right. I would actually be more worried with Yates lack of improvement but still has time until the Tour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard.png

GC
Clipboard.png

Lipowitz has literally zero experience at this level and with this kind of legs, hard to blame him for misjudging how much he could do on this climb. Vlasov wasn't catching C-Rod either way so only a potential stage win lost.
Hence me saying "Bora-fail" and naming the team, not the rider.

Lipowitz should haven been with Vlasov and pulled to bring C. Rod back.

Now Vlasov was chasing for a while on his own with Mas just sitting on his wheel. While Lipo just sat on the wheel of C. Rod.

Fail tactics-wise.

GC was more important than a stage here.

Hence me saying "Bora-fail" and naming the team, not the rider.

Lipowitz should haven been with Vlasov and pulled to bring C. Rod back.

Now Vlasov was chasing for a while on his own with Mas just sitting on his wheel. While Lipo just sat on the wheel of C. Rod.

Fail tactics-wise.

GC was more important than a stage here.
Yeah it isn't a good look to be 2nd and 3rd that close in the GC. So they should have done things differently. But honestly I don't mind today. Although Roglic couldn't/hasn't delivered yet the 2nd grade Bora climbers and GC guys really show some good results this year.