• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
This race has been terrible but the last 5km today almost made up for it. So much happening on a climb where you wouldn't expect all these differences.
- Bernal getting a gap and then Rodriguez closing it with everyone in his wheel lol.
- UAE with a disasterclass and Ayuso cracking big time.
- Lipowitz way stronger than he probably expected himself to be. First pulled too much with Vlasov dropped and Carapaz in his wheel, then correctly sat on Rodriguez but waited way too long to pounce. What a crazy punch that was at the end.
- Carapaz with a lovely cunning win, sat on them without taking a pull and then bam - gone. Great to see him back winning things, also cool for EF to finally get their WT win with him.

No, so we can disagree on that.

And if true, even moreso Lipo should have been with Vlasov from the beginning.

They would have pulled back C Rod.

Or just let him go for the stage and chase after Carapaz much earlier.

Either way... a complete tactics-fail by Bora.
I was watching their progress. Mas eventually sat up and looked at Vlasov- forcing him into the front. From there they split.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Terrible teamtactics from Bora. Two options. Lipowitz waiting for Vlasov to bring him back to rodrigues (risky because Vlasov was "on the limit"). Or letting Lipowitz attack after sitting a while in the wheel of Rodrigues. In order to (try to) take the general, even the stage, as now turned out to be possible. But the teamleader didn't decide at all.... or way too late. I don't think I ever witnessed a bigger tactical mistake of a team....

Reactions: proffate
Terrible teamtactics from Bora. Two options. Lipowitz waiting for Vlasov to bring him back to rodrigues (risky because Vlasov was "on the limit"). Or letting Lipowitz attack after sitting a while in the wheel of Rodrigues. In order to (try to) take the general, even the stage, as now turned out to be possible. But the teamleader didn't decide at all.... or way too late. I don't think I ever witnessed a bigger tactical mistake of a team....
You obviously knew that Lipowitz -who couldn't even follow Plapp two days ago- was capabele of this. So don't be so hard on the Bora DS, he doesn't have the insider knowledge you have.