• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

85th/24th La Flèche Wallonne, April 21st, 2021

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will cross the finish line first according to the commissaires and the photo finish camera?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Roglic went very hard but Ala timed his attack perfectly and outplayed the surprised Slovenian at the end. Congrats! Too bad UAE didn't start, f*ck these ambiguous COVID tests. I think Pogacar would've been up there with top2 (not sure about Hirschi) but winning against Ala would have been very difficult.

Reactions: JosefK
Alaphilippe was one of the two strongest on the day and was perfect strategically, and, in the end, the best rider on the day. Roglic was one of the two strongest on the day (maybe the strongest) and played a gambit that would have worked if Alaphilippe hadn't been so surprisingly strong--probably Ala's best form of the season so far. Sometimes you play your cards and it doesn't work. I still think Roglic may have won if he had waited a little longer. Just an opinion. --Surely, there are more informed appraisals than mine. . . . Mr. Horner will likely have a video ready shortly. :grin:

TRENDING THREADS