• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

85th/24th La Flèche Wallonne, April 21st, 2021

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will cross the finish line first according to the commissaires and the photo finish camera?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sean Kelly says well done. Kasia gave van der Breggen a good run for her money, but in the end there was nothing to be done. She just is the queen.
Cille looked good before the Mur, but then faded badly. Longo Borghini did well to finish third, and Winder did an amazing job for Trek as well. Labuse and García with solid performances too.

Last edited:
Unbeatable on Mur de Huy.
Hats off!
And she perfectly bluffed during the lead-up to the race.

Kasia rode excellent again.
And chose appropriate tactics, but... it's just Van der Breggen's hill.

The girls behind gave their best too. Just enough to form the second echelon behind the duo.

He really looks sharp, and pretty mature in his approach. But how has he “shown he’s built for the Ardennes” when they haven’t been in the Ardennes yet and we haven’t seen him on the longer climbs he’ll see this week?
You don't think Amstel and De Brabantse are great markers of form for FW? I take your point about longer climbs though. I suspect he'll be a contender for LBL, but not a 5 star fave.

Look at the daily numbers in Israel and try telling me they have no effect on spreading the disease again...
Off-topic for this thread but just to note that the posters above you clearly did not mean to say vaccines have no effect on spreading. They just said that vaccine does not protect from covid to 100%, therefore it should not be surprising UAE team had a positive... and yes, a vaccinated person can still spread the virus, albeit the risk is not so high overall.

Reactions: Lui98
Off-topic for this thread but just to note that the posters above you clearly did not mean to say vaccines have no effect on spreading. They just said that vaccine does not protect from covid to 100%, therefore it should not be surprising UAE team had a positive... and yes, a vaccinated person can still spread the virus, albeit the risk is not so high overall.

It was a false positive though. They did three subsequent tests which were all negative.

View: https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1384791786418315264

View: https://twitter.com/TamauPogi/status/1384787502507122688

Now I regret betting against van der Breggen in favour of Vos.
I told you! I've been picking from leftfield plenty this season, but there are certain by-laws of women's cycling that must be adhered to, and therefore voting against Anna van der Breggen in La Flèche Wallonne is just throwing away a selection as she is legally obliged to win here. It is simply not possible to be better than Anna on the Mur de Huy.

Reactions: yaco and CyclistAbi
I told you! I've been picking from leftfield plenty this season, but there are certain by-laws of women's cycling that must be adhered to, and therefore voting against Anna van der Breggen in La Flèche Wallonne is just throwing away a selection as she is legally obliged to win here. It is simply not possible to be better than Anna on the Mur de Huy.

Yeah, I should have listened, but it's clearly her fault for making me doubt her, considering she was my pick for the individual WT ranking ahead of the season ;)
At least I wont be able to make the same mistake next year.

TRENDING THREADS