• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

85th/24th La Flèche Wallonne, April 21st, 2021

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will cross the finish line first according to the commissaires and the photo finish camera?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Rackham

I agree the situation is far from optimal, but the people that wanted super league for sure contributed a lot to that fact in the past. Hopefully now it will be a bit harder for them to continue to do that in the future.

But it's not all about that, for me. I have never in my life witnessed Europe being that united in a common goal in such way. Fierce opponents wholeheartedly agreeing on something. Regardless of what happens tomorrow this alone is something i cherish deeply.

@RedheadDane

Remco at Giro, likely at least an eye on that and likely national championship. Beyond that i feel that i need to support at least my local football club now. To express my gratitude.

And back to cycling:

Fells a bit dodgy, expelling UAE. As false positives are a rather common thing. Double checking the results should in my opinion be a valid option.

I guess no real love on this race, without the love duo. Still likely bloodbath ahead, as you just have to love the Mur de Huy!

The fact they have been tested negative afterwards, does not necessarily prove that the test was false positive. It just makes it very likely, of course. Still, I can understand the organizers/authorities for not taking any risks.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know it's just Belgium being that strict, in other countries they probably would have been allowed to race after multiple negative tests.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know it's just Belgium being that strict, in other countries they probably would have been allowed to race after multiple negative tests.

The way I understand it the tests often cannot detect a very low viral load. And the vaccinations, one like Sinovax especially, might reduce the viral load, but not prevent every infection. If it's two people from one team I'm inclined to say there probably is an infection, albeit one with very, very low viral load. I don't know what would be the rules in other countries... but I think this could actually be more than a false positive.

TRENDING THREADS