• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

93rd Milano-Torino (26.09.2012)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hitch said:
You thought nibali can beat contador on an mtf shootout? How.many.times do you have to see Contador break squalo in the mountains until you realise the order of the foodchain?
I need at least to see it 100 times :D I'm suspecting Nibali is just doing preparation for Lombardia. That must be it.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Sylvester said:
Whenever I read Velasco, I think of Ivan. Why is everybody calling Contador by his mother's name?

No full results available yet?

I guess it makes some people feel smarter, special or whatever logic they follow, to me it just sounds plain stupid.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
I need at least to see it 100 times :D I'm suspecting Nibali is just doing preparation for Lombardia. That must be it.

now that's being in denial :eek:

i wonder though if Contador really couldn't follow purito or if he was playing safe and first drain nibali knowing the climb is still long

Nibali wasn't good at the Worlds. He can't get better in just three days.
And I'm pretty sure he won't be among the best at Lombardia. Again, Colorado and Padania are not enough as preparation for WT level competition. He's nowhere close to the form he had in spring.

Contador was amazing. Some Academy Award deserving performance at some point. Lombardia is gonna be a different story though.

I don't really get why Ulissi's considered a smart rider by some. All he does is wheelsucking until he understands the wheel he's following is not the right one. Today he could've tried to follow Contador. Not saying he could do it, but, you know, try. But no he needed to figure Purito was dead and then attack. Don't like him, but there's talent there.

Kessiakoff, that's a kid I'm starting to love. Strong as a horse. He showed great classics potential today.

Delfino and Killer not in best shape. Don't think they'll feature saturday. Betancur on the other hand...

Purito finally starting to show signs of fatigue. Suspect will be the same for Valverde.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Nibali wasn't good at the Worlds. He can't get better in just three days.
And I'm pretty sure he won't be among the best at Lombardia. Again, Colorado and Padania are not enough as preparation for WT level competition. He's nowhere close to the form he had in spring.

Contador was amazing. Some Academy Award deserving performance at some point. Lombardia is gonna be a different story though.

I don't really get why Ulissi's considered a smart rider by some. All he does is wheelsucking until he understands the wheel he's following is not the right one. Today he could've tried to follow Contador. Not saying he could do it, but, you know, try. But no he needed to figure Purito was dead and then attack. Don't like him, but there's talent there.

Kessiakoff, that's a kid I'm starting to love. Strong as a horse. He showed great classics potential today.

Delfino and Killer not in best shape. Don't think they'll feature saturday. Betancur on the other hand...

Purito finally starting to show signs of fatigue. Suspect will be the same for Valverde.

+1, really impressed by Kessiakoff. He's showing that he can do great in the TT but also hang in with the climbers and beat them in the more hilly races.
I'll definitely be watching him in the Ardennes next year :).

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Kid is a strange choice of words given that Kessiakoff is 32.

he was a proffesional mtb rider. and succesful as well. though as an u23 rider he podiumed gp willem tell, back when that meant somethign against wielinga and van goolen, massive u23 road talent for sure.

edit: I see what you meant but still added for information :)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
After today, I think, if Contador would peak for the Ardennes one day, he´d be able to win even Liege. Really impressive, and promising for Saturday.

Today´s race was a real confirmation that he´s a complete champion, no doubt about that. Now it´s up to him to add a WT one day race win, and he will face a highly motivated and on-form Gilbert on Saturday.

that was great to watch
niemec's sudden crash scared me big time

alberto,a class above
sad that di luca said even before the race that his plan is to peak only for lombardia. he was starting with the #1 after all...acqua e sapone did well though

great race, great winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS