• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

93rd Milano-Torino (26.09.2012)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hitch said:
Lets ban riders.from.celebrating altogether. I.say dq and 6 month ban to.any rider who takes their hands off their handlebars in the last 200m of a race.
The guys below approve. :rolleyes:

Arnout said:
It's just as stupid (even though it bears some relationship with his name), but we see it less often.

bridgeman said:
I think this stupid salute needs discussing. Someone should tell him how ridiculous he looks.

Pippo_San said:
Velasco should just quit that moronic salute, I mean he's got so much class uphill and then he ruins everything on the finish line.

cineteq said:
The guys below approve. :rolleyes:

He doesn't

alberto-contador.jpg

Ha! :D

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Let him do what he wants when he wins. For me the theatrics should be left for the sprinters and surprise winners, but if actual riders dislike the show boating then step up and beat him.

I think this hasn't been posted yet. Velasco's :)D) comments after the race:

“It was a maximum effort. Joaquin (Rodriguez) took a few meters on me and I caught up with him, took a deep breath in his wheel and tried to go. I'm very, very happy to win, especially in Italy. This morning, when I woke up weighing in 2.4 kilos more than in the Vuelta, knowing there was 199 kilometers ahead of me, knowing I did not train yesterday and the day before yesterday, I did only do 40 kilometers but the point was to get to the finish line with strength in my legs. It was a somewhat unexpected victory. It is dedicated to all my teammates and to someone I have had on my mind during the Worlds, Victor Cabedo. Wherever he was, this victory is for him,” commented Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank Spaniard, Alberto Contador.

Here comes the fat Contador again just like in January :D

trevim said:

“It was a maximum effort. Joaquin (Rodriguez) took a few meters on me and I caught up with him, took a deep breath in his wheel and tried to go. I'm very, very happy to win, especially in Italy. This morning, when I woke up weighing in 2.4 kilos more than in the Vuelta, knowing there was 199 kilometers ahead of me, knowing I did not train yesterday and the day before yesterday, I did only do 40 kilometers but the point was to get to the finish line with strength in my legs. It was a somewhat unexpected victory. It is dedicated to all my teammates and to someone I have had on my mind during the Worlds, Victor Cabedo. Wherever he was, this victory is for him,” commented Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank Spaniard, Alberto Contador.

Lol I think he looks better when he's fat :D

trevim said:

Yea he really looks like Ullrich atm :rolleyes:;)

Angliru said:
I really like Flecha's and Contador's doesn't bother me one bit. I really can't see what all the drama is about Contador's trademark celebration.

let's explain...this:
bettiniphoto_0118232_1_full_600.jpg

is PRISTINE CLASS...it's like "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I GO***MN WON! YAHOOOOOOOOOO! **** YOU FAT PAT!" or something like that :p

on the other hand this:
bettiniphoto_0122942_1_full_600.jpg

it's like "YO dear friend SUP? I BANGED THAT ***** *** dear friend YO!"

It's embarassing.
It's almost worse than the entire closed helmets thing.

Pippo_San said:
let's explain...this:

is PRISTINE CLASS...it's like "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I GO***MN WON! YAHOOOOOOOOOO! **** YOU FAT PAT!" or something like that :p

on the other hand this:

it's like "YO dear friend SUP? I BANGED THAT ***** *** dear friend YO!"
Have you read Forum Rules & Guidelines #8? Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS