• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A Question For Vino

Here is a question I'd like to see a reporter have the cojones to ask Vino:

"Mr. Vinokourov, now that you've served your suspension for homologous blood doping and returned to pro cycling, how can we be assured that you won't continue to cheat by autologous blood doping with your own blood given that there is currently no test for that form of blood doping?"

Dickish questions aside, I'm actually excited to see Vino race again - he's served his time under the current rules and deserves to be allowed to race again and not blacklisted like Jackshe and Heras among others.

BikeCentric said:
"Mr. Vinokourov, now that you've served your suspension for homologous blood doping and returned to pro cycling, how can we be assured that you won't continue to cheat by autologous blood doping with your own blood given that there is currently no test for that form of blood doping?"
"I never cheated. I cannot explain those results, but I know I did not cheat, and I will not cheat. You can be assured of that!"

Of course you can't be assured that Vino won't use autologous blood doping, or any of the other myriads of undetectable, or usually undetectable (if you get your measurements and timing right), performance enhancing substances and techniques used by pro cyclists. However, you can be assured that they will be used by most if not all of the peloton, including Vino.

TRENDING THREADS