• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A special milestone

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Spare Tyre said:
Seriously? So a bunch of guys looking repeatedly at a thread of pix of women is worth $1 million in revenue? Ye gods.

not a million, somewhere between $1000 and $6000 dollars, although my guess would be slightly higher than that. still its not bad for a load of women on bikes.

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Definitely a blurb story on the main site with interviews, a timeline, the attempted closure/lockout, the wait/coutdown to 2mil, the mod edits, the top secret sub-posts, the repost fouls, I could go on...

i would be interested in a more detailed history of the thread, sounds like there is a whole heap to it

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Spare Tyre said:
I'm a woman who finds the Circle Jerk thread uninteresting. And I'm bisexual. But then I find the whole plastic-botox-Hollywood/showbiz idea of what's supposed to be attractive in a woman to be very unappealing and the practice of using images-of-idealised/sexually-objectified-women-to-sell-stuff weird and problematic. I'd rather draw or paint a live woman than look at a thread of photos, many of which look airbrushed or shopped and weirdly depersonalised. So you know ... different strokes for different folks.

Still can't see how a number of guys repeatedly looking at the same thread is worth so much money. What an odd world we live in.

I like the thread, but as a man let me just say that I am with you regarding many of the images in it. I would like the thread more if it consisted solely of actual female athletes on and around their bikes, or real, everyday women on and around theirs.

Maxiton said:
I like the thread, but as a man let me just say that I am with you regarding many of the images in it. I would like the thread more if it consisted solely of actual female athletes on and around their bikes, or real, everyday women on and around theirs.

Huh? What did you say? Sorry I was still stuck on the female bisexual thing.

I wonder, is male bisexuality as much of a turn-on for women?:p

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Huh? What did you say? Sorry I was still stuck on the female bisexual thing.

I wonder, is male bisexuality as much of a turn-on for women?:p

My theory is that almost all women are bisexual, it's just a question of to what degree. Some are actively bisexual because of how disgusting men can be, and some simply because they like women. In any case, I think it's different for men.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Leaving the subject of bisexuality behind....:rolleyes:

What could have been a wholesome bit of fun leading up to the moment that is about to occur, has sadly been spoiled by a few individuals. I had fun with the topic while it lasted, but the fun (and easy access to worthwhile new pics) is no longer there (at least for me), so I'm happy to pass on the baton and wave BoB a fond farewell.