• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A Theory

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Dim - I always enjoy your contributions, as you are well able to debate and are always respectful and good humoured.
But I think you missed what happened earlier on this thread. "Moose" was asked by Susan to stop posting the 'fail' pic's and he complied immediately.

I do agree that posting pic's - while funny - does not promote debate, but I think the thread was rather a pointless exercise in the first place with no serious intention of being productive.

As for our friend Rex - they have been banned before under their different usernames for their disruptive posts. I have always felt that their sole intention on here is to run threads in to many posts so that they become unreadable - which - if true - is a serious issue for any forum.

Dim didn't miss much, Dr. He was pretty spot on regarding something that is frustrating for myself as well. While the british pro lance cycling guy needs no defense for his posting, there are others such as eva radio anti lance who are just as obstinate and persistent in their determination to commandeer a thread to suit his own viewpoint that do as much without any recourse in moderation.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Rex Hunter said:
But my neighbours are all cycling news fans.

hahahah. What are the odds of that? Do they post on the forums? Perhaps they could vouch for how nice you really are? This comment illustrates exactly why you are a troll - you just say anything to make yourself annoying. If they managed to ban your unique IP, you'd probably say that your roommate is a CN fan who shares youre computer. :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Please return to the topic, whatever it is.

I remember reading the first few pages of this thread a while ago and am not sure if there is actually a topic. I seem to remember a stupid so-called theory that just seemed intended to inflame, but no topic.

Susan Westemeyer said:
Sars: no problem

Elapid: That's why I said, the topic if there is one.

I don't want to close this thread, so how about just ignoring it from here on and letting it sink into oblivion?

Susan

Well there is no topic unless someone can find a medical journal which may suggest this "theory" is plausible.

That means any further post not containing such, is irrelevant and should be deleted. Which sort of means the thread should just be closed, but we never know, Hombre may return with his source :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS