• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Access to people with visual impairment

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Does Australia have the equivalent to the Disability Discrimination Act? If so, has the site been fully tested to be accessible by people with visual impairment or disability who may well be using speech browsers. These generally are utterly confused by Flash content.
In addition, the use of the rolling Flash content is a visual nightmare, apart from being extremely irritating, and hard to read.
Like many people I have registered for the first time to record my utter dislike of the new look. Pages now take forever to load. Many of us are sneaking a quick look at work over extremely slow connections.
CyclingNews' unique selling point was its huge amount of content presented in a simple easy to read style.
If this was the Eurovision Song Contest it would score nil points.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, Australia does have these guidelines. Its highly unlikely that these accessibility tests have been performed however, as its pretty obvious that quite a lot of standard usability tests were ignored also.

A

Anonymous

oh i dunno.. the fonts and spacing on the news are big enough a blind person could read them.. :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Was that comment supposed to be amusing?
Blindness is not amusing.
Some people actually require the text to be a lot smaller as they have "tunnel" vision and can only see a very small part of the screen.

A

Anonymous

no.. it was meant to be but i realise it was in poor taste..

Stop moaning and use Firefox and its abilities. Here's what I see:

cn.jpg

A

Anonymous

i choose to use the standards compliant, faster and email/rss integreted opera ta, that is also more secure and less prone to bug and hacks and exploits than ff..

how bigs your monitor anyway.. :p

i tend to acces from laptop or mobile..

dimspace said:
i choose to use the standards compliant, faster and email/rss integreted opera ta, that is also more secure and less prone to bug and hacks and exploits than ff..

Yes, Opera is very good. But it doesn't have adblock.

Can you edit the default stylesheet to hide crap you don't want to see using CSS?

dimspace said:
how bigs your monitor anyway.. :p

Enormous!

TRENDING THREADS