• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Adriatica Ionica Race 2018 (2.1)

Adriatica Ionica Race 2018 (2.1)

TV: http://www.pmgsport.it (live or highlights?)

Stage: 1 - 20 June : Bim-Ciclabile del Piave - Lido di Jesolo TTT, 23.30 km
Profile:
AIR-2018-Profile-Stage-1-V2.jpg

Map:
https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/wp-content/uploads/MAPPA-STAGE01.jpg

Stage: 2 - 21 June : Lido di Jesolo - Maser, 152.50 km
Profile:
AIR-2018-Profile-Stage-2-V2.png

Map:
https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/wp-content/uploads/MAPPA-STAGE02.jpg

Stage: 3 - 22 June : Mussolente - Passo Giau, 158.30 km
Profile:
AIR-2018-Profile-Stage-3-V2.png

Map:
https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/wp-content/uploads/MAPPA-STAGE03.jpg

Stage: 4 - 23 June : San Vito di Cadore - Grado, 229.20 km
Profile:
AIR-2018-Profile-Stage-4-V2.png

Map:
https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/wp-content/uploads/MAPPA-STAGE04.jpg

Stage: 5 - 24 June : Grado - Trieste, 124.60 km
Profile:
AIR-2018-Profile-Stage-5-V2.png

Map:
https://www.adriaticaionicarace.com/wp-content/uploads/MAPPA-STAGE05.jpg

Startlist includes
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=Mjg1OTk=

VIVIANI Elia
TERPSTRA Niki
VISCONTI Giovanni
SWIFT Ben
ATAPUMA HURTADO Darwin
PANTANO GOMEZ Jarlinson
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
NIZZOLO Giacomo
CAVENDISH Mark
CUMMINGS Stephen
TRENTIN Matteo
MOSER Moreno
WEENING Pieter
POZZATO Filippo
CICCONE Giulio
CUNEGO Damiano ?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Great job, TourOfSardinia!
Sadly I won't be able to be on the Giau for the MTF because of an important lecture, I was looking forward to that MTF.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Mayomaniac said:
Sadly I won't be able to be on the Giau for the MTF because of an important lecture, I was looking forward to that MTF.

Just have someone take notes for you.
Nope I have to be present and there's a short exam on saturday, even if it's just bs.

Mayomaniac said:
RedheadDane said:
Mayomaniac said:

Just have someone take notes for you.
Nope I have to be present and there's a short exam on saturday, even if it's just bs.

Just set up a cut out copy of you with a cam corder on it.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
MTF is the worst way to use the Giau, but it's still ok.
The fact that the Trieste circuit is one for the sprinters, just like when the Giro finished there, is a bigger problem. Ok, I get that they don't want to make a crazy Scala Santa circuit, but making a hilly Trieste Circuit is easier than making one for the sprinters, so why can't have get a decent circuit?

Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
The fact that the Trieste circuit is one for the sprinters, just like when the Giro finished there, is a bigger problem. Ok, I get that they don't want to make a crazy Scala Santa circuit, but making a hilly Trieste Circuit is easier than making one for the sprinters, so why can't have get a decent circuit?
...and what happens if they turn left at Caprile instead of right?

Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
The F-word! :D

ice&fire said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
Well played :D

Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
I think the distance to the top of the pordoi is a little shorter if you turn left and take the SP563 there instead of going straight and using the SR203 :D
Edit:
ice&fire said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
Nah, pretty sure you have to go straight to reach the falzarego

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
I think the distance to the top of the pordoi is a little shorter if you turn left and take the SP563 there instead of going straight and using the SR203 :D
Edit:
ice&fire said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Mayomaniac said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Wrong turn at Caprile.
Nah, pretty sure you have to go straight to reach the falzarego
:D
Please don't hate me Libertine, but as a pure MTF Fedaia isn't that much better than Giau, at least from a racing persepctive.
Of course Fedaia is a stunning climb and Giau isn't on the same level, but frankly Giau isn't one of the most beautiful climbs in the Dolomites, not in my top 5.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ciccone and the Androni guys will be forced to go all out on the MTF because of the TTT.
For the overall it should be Trek (Brambilla, Pantano, Felline and maybe Conci) vs UAE (Atapuma, Ravasi and Conti).
Other than that you still have Arslanov who was in great shape in Slovenia, Koshevoy just came back from an injury and Wilier aren't exactly great in the TTT.
Will be interesting to see what the Trevigiani Phonix guys will be able to do against this kind of field, it should be a great learning experience.

TRENDING THREADS