• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

advertising

Now I'm getting 2 video ads at once, including some woman cooking eggs which I see every time I check the site. Okay, the advertisers are the paying customers, but there's a break-even point where it just becomes too painful to visit the site, and video ads are particularly distracting. I suggest a reconsideration of the use of these ads.

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
"there's a break-even point where it just becomes too painful to visit the site, and video ads are particularly distracting. I suggest a reconsideration of the use of these ads." can't agree more! Also spikes processor on my machine.

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
g1mrs000 said:
"there's a break-even point where it just becomes too painful to visit the site, and video ads are particularly distracting. I suggest a reconsideration of the use of these ads." can't agree more! Also spikes processor on my machine.
The other day my computer was really dragging
AHA! One tab was opened to CN
Sometimes I forget, you just jump in, jump out.
Very aggressive advertising layout
--
The reason I'm on the site right now is a pop-up/pop-replace jumped me out of CN and insists my Flash player is out of date and I need to use the update they conveniently forced on me from the "Adobe" server that uses the domain "a h c h u y e y a n z h e . c o m" (hopefully putting spaces in breaks the automatic link routine.)

HEY CN!!!! You or one of your advertisers has been HACKED!!!!!!

Untitled4sm.png

daddy-o said:
g1mrs000 said:
The other day my computer was really dragging
AHA! One tab was opened to CN
Sometimes I forget, you just jump in, jump out.
Very aggressive advertising layout
--
The reason I'm on the site right now is a pop-up/pop-replace jumped me out of CN and insists my Flash player is out of date and I need to use the update they conveniently forced on me from the "Adobe" server that uses the domain "a h c h u y e y a n z h e . c o m" (hopefully putting spaces in breaks the automatic link routine.)

HEY CN!!!! You or one of your advertisers has been HACKED!!!!!!

Untitled4sm.png
Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure the Dev team is notified.

Cheers

These ads (on the mobile version) are getting a bit much. The latest one, buried in the TDF Stage 3 report, manages to disable the Autoplay setting (mine is OFF), and turns ON the speakers, before pumping out a loud 30 sec video.

Yohan

BANNED
May 15, 2020
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS