• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

AFLD to carry out additional testing at TDF

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
thehog said:
1st RULE: You do not talk about the CLINIC 12.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about the CLINIC 12.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out then you're suspended. (By Susan)

4th RULE: Only 12 guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One post every 60 seconds.

6th RULE: Minimum 10 charchters.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to. No sockpuppets.

8th RULE: If this is your first night in the Clinic, you HAVE to post, no lurking.

Good post, thehog.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
D-Queued said:
It was actually a Vaughters' aside.

Thus, JV has the list.

Dave.

My mistake on who originally posted it.

My memory recollected it being Polish back in the original mega LA thread. Maybe that was just because he latched onto it for a while too, like many have.

A myth by JV instead of a fanboy.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
There's a video. Can't remember where now of the AFLD tester with Beltran. The look on Beltran face was "huh? Testing me? Why? This has not happend before".

He gets chased across a field, submits to the test and test postive 3 days later...

I want to see Froome-dawg get chased across a meadow by armed AFLD inspectors looking for a sample!

Yeah I remember the one. Did the rounds here back in the Clinic. He was riding between team buses trying to avoid the cameraman and tester chasing him. I remember him getting off the bike and trying to hike through a field next to the buses. Didn't matter, they found him and tested him anyway.

The moral of the story is don't get caught doping.:D

BTW, I'm banking whatever doping credits the Clinic members get on Froome for entertainment this season. He's chomping at the bit wanting to go full hog ala what Bruyneel is famous for. I can't wait for the finale...him getting caught red handed. I really do think he is dumb enough to just go ballistic and throw all caution to the wind.

Good work on the rules of the Clinic 12.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out then you're suspended. (By Susan)

8th RULE: If this is your first night in the Clinic, you HAVE to post, no lurking.
the hog has co-opted my posting shema on FC.

I also wanted to add, THE CLINIC 12 is an amorphous mythical "group" that follows rule #1

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
It was actually a Vaughters' aside.

Thus, JV has the list.

Dave.
oh, so it is not an actual mythical amorphous bunch or peloton. its a real group. does Hog's fight club rules exist? do, not does

noddy69 said:
Whatever about those two over a short tricky course....what the hell is Gaudin doing winning against that field, or winning anything full stop and noone bats an eyelid.

1. He is from an individual pursuit background, so the distance fit him perfectly.

2. He is a pack-fill rider, so he could afford to prepare specifically for this prologue.

3. As others have pointed out, we are still in the "normal" period of the year where the top riders are filling their bloodbags not emptying them, so no-name riders have a chance to perform.

Not to say this is a guarantee that French riders are clean, but it can explain why they are doing relatively well early in the year.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
frenchfry said:
1. He is from an individual pursuit background, so the distance fit him perfectly.

2. He is a pack-fill rider, so he could afford to prepare specifically for this prologue.

3. As others have pointed out, we are still in the "normal" period of the year where the top riders are filling their bloodbags not emptying them, so no-name riders have a chance to perform.

Not to say this is a guarantee that French riders are clean, but it can explain why they are doing relatively well early in the year.
A future GT winner if he only were Brit...

Doing nice in Roubaix aussi I saw. Gonna follow his progression.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
A future GT winner if he only were Brit...

Doing nice in Roubaix aussi I saw. Gonna follow his progression.

Just don't ask for too many close ups while you do. His face over the last few metres was frankly terrifying. I wasn't sure whether he was tired or just planning to jump off the bike and start eating people.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Just don't ask for too many close ups while you do. His face over the last few metres was frankly terrifying. I wasn't sure whether he was tired or just planning to jump off the bike and start eating people.
Roubaix 2009:

19 Jérémy Hunt (GBr) Cervelo Test Team 6.32
20 Marcel Sieberg (Ger) Team Columbia - Highroad
21 Mathew Hayman (Aus) Rabobank
22 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Française Des Jeux
23 Angelo Furlan (Ita) Lampre - N.G.C.
24 Damien Gaudin (Fra) BBox Bouygues Telecom
25 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream

GT proweness Jimmy, I tell you!

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:

I think that was the HGH kicking in, beginning to morph his facial bones and grow his muscles.

There'll be a photo soon enough and a thread not long after.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
frenchfry said:

Totally agree, although I thought he was on the French pursuit team.

That makes more sense to me as he'd be wicked at punching it out of the corners, and he'd be able to kill it over that short of a distance.

JMBeaushrimp said:
Totally agree, although I thought he was on the French pursuit team.

That makes more sense to me as he'd be wicked at punching it out of the corners, and he'd be able to kill it over that short of a distance.

He'll be two liters short by July.

The Sky team will have time to warm down for several months and kick the Frogs asses.

Warming down is the only thing between coming 38th and winning.

mewmewmew13 said:
The Clinic 12 is not a myth.

Soon everyone will be wearing these t-shirts. The Clinic shake.

4hukg8.jpg

2vwio7r.jpg

thehog said:

Very nice Monsieur Hog...worthy of this http://www.wholehogtheatre.com/

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Let's not go there again. Long discussion about the relevancy of the clinic and the number of people who actually spoke out about LA.

There is no actual clinic 12, it was just a fanboy claim.

peterst6906 said:
My mistake on who originally posted it.

My memory recollected it being Polish back in the original mega LA thread. Maybe that was just because he latched onto it for a while too, like many have.

A myth by JV instead of a fanboy.

Not a myth, and not really by JV. Peters has it closest to the truth, I think. JV made an off-hand comment, it got jumped on by some who like to find flaws in arguments for the simple reason of having more to argue about. But, there WERE people who spoke out earlier than others about the dopage, and some of the habitues of the Clinic are among them. JV's point was that the number was small. Frankly, I agree with him. Some wish to wear this distinction as a badge of honor.

TRENDING THREADS