• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

After 3rd restday, Who will win the 2014 Giro?

After the 3rd rest day who will win the 2014 Giro?

• Vino come back and wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If i had to pick its Quintana, becuase he's getting enough time on Uran that if it continues he should make the whole 3 minutes.

I'd have him over Aru because a) he's more experienced, b) he should still get stronger as he recovers from injury and c) the altitude.

Tuesday's stage is by far the most important of this race and probably all year. If Uran loses anything less than 30 seconds he's looking very good for the overall.

So Quintana and Aru need to push him.

The Hitch said:
If i had to pick its Quintana, becuase he's getting enough time on Uran that if it continues he should make the whole 3 minutes.

I'd have him over Aru because a) he's more experienced, b) he should still get stronger as he recovers from injury and c) the altitude.

Tuesday's stage is by far the most important of this race and probably all year. If Uran loses anything less than 30 seconds he's looking very good for the overall.

So Quintana and Aru need to push him.

Most important stage in the whole year??? Why?

Bbecause you like Giro more than TDF?

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Beyond a strong sense that it's between Uran, Quintana and Aru, I really don't know. The best thing: I'll be happy whichever of them wins. And there's some great racing ahead of us.

I was sure I'd vote for Quintana. But I've just found myself going for Uran.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd say that there is only one guy who can afford even a mediocre day and still win, and that's Uran. All of the chasers (top 6) need to be on top on every single day (excluding the flat stage) that's left.

So Uran for me.
Cheering for Nairo though.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Great Giro so far, with so many riders still able to win it.

Uran: in the pink and has a decent lead.
Quintana: getting better every stage and clawing back time.
Aru: if he can replicate today's climbing form in stages to come, he could upset the whole thing. In previous mountain stages he did well, too.

Majka, Evans and Pozzovivo still able to take it, but I think the other three stand more of a chance. We've seen too many riders losing time so far, though, so I wouldn't rule them out completely.

TRENDING THREADS