• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alberto Armstrong

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse, but here I go. LA having essentially unlimited funds and a vindictive type-A personality is coming after Contador @ the TDF in 2010. After Armstong is finished draining Astana of talent does the young pistoleer have any chance?

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
2jb1w87.jpg

mightymac12 said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but here I go. LA having essentially unlimited funds and a vindictive type-A personality is coming after Contador @ the TDF in 2010. After Armstong is finished draining Astana of talent does the young pistoleer have any chance?

I think any racer who has won all three grand tours and considering his age, pretty sure he has a 'chance'. The talent at Astana isn't the only talent around in the peloton, and Contador has the horsepower to bring in big names and talent to help him.

I'll pick Contador right now, vs the 38 year old.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong showed in this TdF that he is well below the form of Contador, next year, regardless of which team he rides with Contador will have the better of Armstrong.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
mightymac12 said:

Problem is, that because of that personality, nobody really talented wants to be on Armstrong's team, regardless of his unlimited funds.

Contador won the tour this year. Imagine what he will be able to do when he is actually supported by a team!

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
mightymac12 said:

For sure.

A few days ago, Johan Bruyneel explained on these same pages that the Astana team didn’t do anything contrary to your interests, so we’ll put the question to you. Is it true?
Well, the team followed conservative tactics overall, when to me at certain times it would have worked in my interest for the race to go faster. As for harming me, it didn’t harm me, but it’s clear to me that I would have done better if the race had gone faster at certain times.

We’re not saying that it harmed you, but they didn’t ride like they were supporting you, right?
Yes, that’s right. The team didn’t harm me and in the end the results were very good, but yes, at certain times I would’ve liked it if the team had ridden differently.

Does it cost you to do two big stage races?
Last year I finished very tired, physically and psychologically, even though I acknowledge that Armstrong’s return to the team also had a lot of influence.

Speaking about Armstrong, has he already forgotten all the quarrels, has he turned the page? Or does the rivalry live on?
For my part, I’ve turned the page. It served to teach me a lot of things, like how to stay calm in limited situations. Overall, I believe that it was good for me, for growing as a rider and as a person. But now the only thing I’m thinking about is the future.
http://www.albertocontador.es/noticias.detalle.php?id=82

Radio Shack won't give him trouble next year, especially if he goes to Garmin/ CdE, Saxo-Bank will.

A

Anonymous

lance will break his collarbone, contador will fail a drug test in paris nice, and wiggins will win the tour by 4 minutes 7 seconds from a returning vinokourov.. mark cavendish will win every flat stage but lose the green jersey to thomas de gent who will amass 2,100 kilometres in breakaways, win the most combatative prize along with the lantern rouge.. Hincapie leaves BMC two days before the tour, rejoins columbia and wins the new Black, oldest rider jersey..

my therapist is also a phsycic..

so the question is irrelevant really

TRENDING THREADS