• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alberto Bettiol is the new classics contender thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shame about his fall in Strade Bianche, he seemed to be in great form. Apparently he's out of Tirreno while his team are observing him.

He will not appear at the start of Tirreno-Adriatico on Monday. “We are currently investigating whether he is suffering from a concussion after suddenly showing symptoms. Jonathan Caicedo is his replacement in Tirreno. Heal up, champ”, EF Education-EasyPost shows on social media.

Shame about his fall in Strade Bianche, he seemed to be in great form. Apparently he's out of Tirreno while his team are observing him.

He will not appear at the start of Tirreno-Adriatico on Monday. “We are currently investigating whether he is suffering from a concussion after suddenly showing symptoms. Jonathan Caicedo is his replacement in Tirreno. Heal up, champ”, EF Education-EasyPost shows on social media.
Alberto is a class act. Forza Alberto!

He didn't start the race today despite being confirmed to start by the team a few days ago:
FsfePp3WIAEDE35

J. Van den Berg started in his place.

It looks like another season heavily compromised by health issues. The team said he's been having issues with his knee in the Flanders preview.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He didn't start the race today despite being confirmed to start by the team a few days ago:
FsfePp3WIAEDE35

J. Van den Berg started in his place.

It looks like another season heavily compromised by health issues. The team said he's been having issues with his knee in the Flanders preview.
Yeah, but the knee issues didn't keep him out of the RVV. According to Italian media he's sick, had 39°C fever yesterday.
A shame about his health problems, when he's healthy and in peak shape he's genuinly world class. He was also supposed to finally ride Paris-Roubaix for the first time this year, no idea if that's still the plan.

Reactions: Lui98 and Sandisfan
Yeah, but the knee issues didn't keep him out of the RVV. According to Italian media he's sick, had 39°C fever yesterday.
A shame about his health problems, when he's healthy and in peak shape he's genuinly world class. He was also supposed to finally ride Paris-Roubaix for the first time this year, no idea if that's still the plan.
Will miss Roubaix as well.

Nice showings this week. Finally, he seems to be bang-on for the classics season.

Has he always been descending like an old lady, though? I was quite surprised how bad he was down the Poggio today. Pidcock, Pedersen and Mohoric are obviously some of the best in the business, but still. I thought it was something he excelled at.

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Nice showings this week. Finally, he seems to be bang-on for the classics season.

Has he always been descending like an old lady, though? I was quite surprised how bad he was down the Poggio today. Pidcock, Pedersen and Mohoric are obviously some of the best in the business, but still. I thought it was something he excelled at.
Nah, compared to an actually bad descender like Ulissi he was always a good one. Not an incredible one, but always good enough that one couldn't see it as a weakness.

Now I just hope he stays healthy until the RVV...