• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alberto Contador and Lance Armstrong

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Alberto Contador and Lance Armstrong

• 30 trial or your money back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I voted for Contador in this poll, but, I'm not a Contador fan. I only support him.

To me, the greatest champions are Bernard Hinault and Miguel Indurain. I was a fan of them.

I never liked and don't like Armstrong. His treatment of Contador last year, made me really dislike Armstrong. Previously, I had no beef against LA. I even went to one stage of the tour of california just to watch him.

However, at last year's TDF, LA showed how low class he is by playing all kinds of dirty tricks on Contador.

Personally, I'd like Armstrong to not finish in the TDF podium this year, so he shuts the f*ck up and goes away from cycling forever. :D

ravens said:
Hell yes it's more interesting when he is around. I love AC but other than the maillot jaune was removed from the race during the race, I don't recall much detail of 2007's tdf.

You don't recall:

Juan Mauricio Soler's emergence? His multiple attacks? His attempted offer in the midst of battle while wearing the KOM jersey of a water bottle to the yellow jersey wearing Rassmussen?

The overall surprise at Rassmussen's 11th place finish in the TT by all the teams that let him gain time earlier in his signature KOM points chasing attacks? His TT performance was the first shocker of that year's Tour.

The volley of intense attacks exchanged between Rassmussen and Contador?

Christophe Moreau's multiple attacks of the contender's group on the first mountain stage?

Contador's mechanical on the same stage and his recovery to finish ahead of his teammate Leipheimer? Contador's visible drain of energy on the final mountain stage and the subsequent tow by Leipheimer to the finish (well kind of tow since Leipheimer eventually left Contador and finished multiple seconds ahead).

Not to mention the action away from the pursuit of the race leader's jersey.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it quite memorable and exciting.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
You don't recall:

Juan Mauricio Soler's emergence? His multiple attacks? His attempted offer in the midst of battle while wearing the KOM jersey of a water bottle to the yellow jersey wearing Rassmussen?

The overall surprise at Rassmussen's 11th place finish in the TT by all the teams that let him gain time earlier in his signature KOM points chasing attacks? His TT performance was the first shocker of that year's Tour.

Christophe Moreau's multiple attacks of the contender's group on the first mountain stage?

Contador's mechanical on the same stage and his recovery to finish ahead of his teammate Leipheimer? Contador's visible drain of energy on the final mountain stage and the subsequent tow by Leipheimer to the finish (well kind of tow since Leipheimer eventually left Contador and finished multiple seconds ahead).

I found it exciting, too. Rasmussen catching the guy ahead of him in the TT will be one of several very ugly moments in a dope fest tour. I recall many of the events, but not to the point I am aroused to discuss it for months afterwards.

Thanks for also reviving several other GOOD memorable moments. I hope that was straight off the top of your head rather than researched.

I think my point still stands, perhaps even more emphatically now. There were great and memorable moments, but the drama was an order of magnitude lower. My overall recollections are bittersweet due to the rasmussen removal and Vino's amazing attacks and subsequent removal.

EDIT: I KNOW I KNOW, get back on topic.

ravens said:

Thanks for also reviving several other GOOD memorable moments. I hope that was straight off the top of your head rather than researched.

I think my point still stands, perhaps even more emphatically now. There were great and memorable moments, but the drama was an order of magnitude lower. My overall recollections are bittersweet due to the rasmussen removal and Vino's amazing attacks and subsequent removal.

EDIT: I KNOW I KNOW, get back on topic.

It was off the top of my head. I tried to recall the "transitional" stage action but could not. My focus in the grand tours is always the mountains and the "little climbers" as their called. I was also excited by the very, very brief return to form of Iban Mayo on that first mountain stage and I was struck by the similarities in his and Contador's out of the saddle climbing style.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
You don't recall:

Well when you put it THAT way:) I'd actually forgotten some of that - indeed, there were some very memorable moments in that race. Especially some of Soler's antics.

Thanks for the reminder! Now I have a good reason to watch those DVD's while I ride in the basement.

TRENDING THREADS