• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 968 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

roundabout said:
apart from an uber-ridiculous tt in pais vasco one year when has contador ever been even close to winning a tt by one minute

That itt wasn't ridiculous at all, in that kinda ITT Contador at his best is almost unbeatable. You forgot a *** Contador almost beating froome in tour 2013 tt?

You also forgot contador in the vuelta last year?

He'll crush it at 100%

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Jack_89 said:
For the first time , i'm seeing a good performance of the team in Pais Vasco

Let's hope it's continue forward and not backward. Tomorrow is a difficult stage again. We'll see how Majka fares with the rest.

Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
Jack_89 said:
For the first time , i'm seeing a good performance of the team in Pais Vasco

Let's hope it's continue forward and not backward. Tomorrow is a difficult stage again. We'll see how Majka fares with the rest.

In fact, I expected more from Kiserlowsky but I'm impressed by POLJANSKI (is he riding group on Antigua?) and also Maijka because the climb so short and hard not suit him. We'll see today

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Majka lost 25 secs today in the Arrate climb and Quintana couldnt follow Henao's attack in the steep section

Majka was all alone entering the climb very worrying since Movistar,Astana and Katusha had many men in the front

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen Contador hyping up a gt so much as he's doing right now. Every post almost for the past months is about the giro. His shape will be insane i think.

Re:

Miburo said:
I've never seen Contador hyping up a gt so much as he's doing right now. Every post almost for the past months is about the giro. His shape will be insane i think.

Nice,i want the best Contador possible.Uran seems very determined too,he's training hard ,today posted something about a climb of 9km/14%.I hope Contador will not have an easy way and Porte and Uran will rise to the expectations.

DBotero said:
Miburo said:

Nice,i want the best Contador possible.Uran seems very determined too,he's training hard ,today posted something about a climb of 9km/14%.I hope Contador will not have an easy way and Porte and Uran will rise to the expectations.

Don't forget Aru. He almost looks as good as AC does climbing. He'll be up there. :)

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Jspear said:
DBotero said:
Miburo said:

Don't forget Aru. He almost looks as good as AC does climbing. He'll be up there. :)

Aru may be able to steal a stage once he's 3 min down.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
this can't be happening. Another string of bad luck.!! Matti crashed and Sagan mechanical just on the crucial moment. De javu? TS is like sky last year!!! Oleg bad karma casting the spell on the team. Wonder what he is going to tweet now. Sagan didn't even in top 3 in all of his target and outside top 10 at PR. Typically when you get a string of bad luck, seems the that year isn't going to be your year. I hope this doesn't spill to Contador. *finger crossed*

Re:

Jelantik said:
this can't be happening. Another string of bad luck.!! Matti crashed and Sagan mechanical just on the crucial moment. De javu? TS is like sky last year!!! Oleg bad karma casting the spell on the team. Wonder what he is going to tweet now. Sagan didn't even in top 3 in all of his target and outside top 10 at PR. Typically when you get a string of bad luck, seems the that year isn't going to be your year. I hope this doesn't spill to Contador. *finger crossed*

Oleg is poison imo....... Heads will roll soon.

Sooner or later it will effect Alberto, he needs a decent team.

TRENDING THREADS