• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alberto Contador suspended until August 2012 (loses all results July 2010 - Jan 2012)

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino attacks everyone said:
it would increase the productivity of the world is everyone was as fit as Contador all right :D;)

Yeah, healthcare would cost less, more people would take their bike to work or to school, wich is good for the environment. If they would ride their bikes as fast as he did, they'd all have more free time:D

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
GJB123 said:
If I have read the interview correctly, they aren't quite sure. I beieve he says they tested AC independently when he claimed a natural high HT to secure a baseline. I couldn't tell how they make sure that the HT during that testing wasn't elevated by unnatural means. Perhaps somebody can expand on that.

Mind you, it seems quite a stretch to elevate it it unnaturally for such a baseline test as that woud mean that you have to keep it that high year-in, year-out also during off-season meaning non-stop manipulation. That seems highly risky to me both healthwise and from the point of getting found out.

Regards
GJ

I agree it would seem a stretch but knowing what we do about the likes of Ricco, Manzano and others I think these guys reach a point where their health becomes secondary. I would wager that point is when they are knocking on the door of a pro-contract or shortly thereafter. I would like to believe that they only gear up for the big races but logic would suggest that the blood passport forces them to maintain the abnormal in terms of values 24/7 for it to be perceived by the authorities as their normal.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
So the clinic should be a holy sanctuary for the pure and clean christians that all agrees upon 1 thing, that their view of doping and the dopers is the only view there is in this part of the forum?

no, but if one doesn't care about doping, then it would seem conceivable that one doesn't visit the clinic (where doping is the theme of discussion) but instead visit one of the many other forums where you can discuss everything that is positive about cycling.

so yes, it's kind of odd to have AC fans (and Armstrong fans for that matter) posting here saying they don't care whether he doped etc.
this shouldn't be too hard for you to understand, vino, right?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So the clinic should be a holy sanctuary for the pure and clean christians that all agrees upon 1 thing, that their view of doping and the dopers is the only view there is in this part of the forum?

Holy sancutuary for the pure and clean christians????

Boy you aint been reading much in the clinic.

This place is skid row for the dirtiest crack *****s that are all going to hell for daring to question the mythical status of those who have worn a yella shirt......

This place is full of the disciples of beelzebub.

sniper said:
no, but if one doesn't care about doping, then it would seem conceivable that one doesn't visit the clinic (where doping is the theme of discussion) but instead visit one of the many other forums where you can discuss everything that is positive about cycling.

so yes, it's kind of odd to have AC fans (and Armstrong fans for that matter) posting here saying they don't care whether he doped etc.
this shouldn't be too hard for you to understand, vino, right?

I do so absolutely care about the doping debate, even if i don't care about him, or any other doping, witch in other words mean that i do belive sports are for entertainment, and if it is doping that makes Ricco, Di Luca, Contador, Armstrong, Schleck, Vino, Basso, Menchov and so on, do what they do, well then let them do it. Atleast that is my point of view, now if you don't agree, please elaborate for me why, and mybe you can convince me, instead of just writing to your like minded friends :)

Benotti69 said:
Holy sancutuary for the pure and clean christians????

Boy you aint been reading much in the clinic.

This place is skid row for the dirtiest crack *****s that are all going to hell for daring to question the mythical status of those who have worn a yella shirt......

This place is full of the disciples of beelzebub.

I'm on a high way to hell dadadadam High way to hell dadada :)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on a high way to hell dadadadam High way to hell dadada :)

yeah well sorry to disappoint you but Vino attacked ages ago and is probably sitting beezelbub's lap by now so you wanna stick it on the big ring and get going.......;)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I do so absolutely care about the doping debate, even if i don't care about him, or any other doping, witch in other words mean that i do belive sports are for entertainment, and if it is doping that makes Ricco, Di Luca, Contador, Armstrong, Schleck, Vino, Basso, Menchov and so on, do what they do, well then let them do it. Atleast that is my point of view, now if you don't agree, please elaborate for me why, and mybe you can convince me, instead of just writing to your like minded friends :)

the point is quite clear: if one doesn't "care" about doping, it is implied that one doesn't have an opinion about doping. If one doesn't have an opinion about doping, I (in line with benotti) don't see why one would visit a dopingforum. after all, forums are typically opinion-based.

sniper said:
the point is quite clear: if one doesn't "care" about doping, it is implied that one doesn't have an opinion about doping. If one doesn't have an opinion about doping, I (in line with benotti) don't see why one would visit a dopingforum. after all, forums are typically opinion-based.

ah, now i understand what you are saying, i though you were saying that if you don't hate dopers you shouldn't be here :D

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:

WHATT!?! You mean this thread isn't purely based on factual evidence!:eek:

:rolleyes:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
I will ask you a straight out question and i would like an answer please. If it was proven for definite that Contador doped (even though i know he did) do you think he should still keep his Tour and Giro titles?

The reason why people say they dont care about doping with Contador and Vino is because they dont have a leg to stand on with regards to the debating the issue. By saying he is a nice person is another way of trying to stay out of the debate.

Its a way of dancing around the issue.

I think Alberto should get to keep his wins. There are three kinds of dopers who I think should keep their wins.....

1) Nice Dopers like Alberto
2) Awesome Dopers like Lance or Alberto.
3) Exciting Dopers like Vino, Lance, or Alberto

Quite a few riders fall into those three categories, but that is where I draw the line.

gooner said:
I will ask you a straight out question and i would like an answer please. If it was proven for definite that Contador doped (even though i know he did) do you think he should still keep his Tour and Giro titles?

While the question was not directed at me, I hope you don't mind if I cut in with a brief point.

While the rules say that if it was proven he was doping, he should loses the Tour, which though I think the other contenders are also doping, is the best rule, or rather the worst possible rule except for all the others, because despite its flaws it does keep doping down, the Giro is a totally different issue.

He was not caught doping there. Whatever else the authorities do (give him a 2 year ban from this year, not give him a ban or ban him before he does the Giro), I don't think they should be stripping riders of race titles after theyve won them, if they havent doped (been caught) in that race.

Personally, I think that making a rider do a Zomegnan Giro like that, and then after they finish it saying, na na na na na, tricked you, it wasn't actually going to count, is inhumane.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
fixed that for u ;)

Ok, I can understand your edit for "Awesome", but not for "Nice".

To me a rider is "nice" if you can imagine a pretty butterfly alighting on their shoulder. And then screaming like a girl before brushing it off in terror. That is Alberto nice, but not Vino at all.

First of all, I can not even imagine a pretty butterfly landing on Vino. And if one did, Vino would just squish it and wipe his hand on his sleeve. Then smell his hand. That is not nice - that is gross.

Polish said:
Ok, I can understand your edit for "Awesome", but not for "Nice".

To me a rider is "nice" if you can imagine a pretty butterfly alighting on their shoulder. And then screaming like a girl before brushing it off in terror. That is Alberto nice, but not Vino at all.

First of all, I can not even imagine a pretty butterfly landing on Vino. And if one did, Vino would just squish it and wipe his hand on his sleeve. Then smell his hand. That is not nice - that is gross.

lol :p, you are right, what was i thinking :eek:

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
You just spoke a load of rubbish just there. There is nothing nice, exciting and awesome about doping scandals dragging cycling through the mud.

I was not saying that the doping scandals were nice, awesome, and exciting. I was saying some dopers themselves are nice, awesome, and exciting.

And the Clinic is the only place to talk about nice, awesome, exciting riders that dope. And the only place to talk about mean, average, boring dopers too.

And the Clinic is not all anti-doping. All doping opinions are allowed.
If Mr Savulescu wanted to discuss his pro-doping views, the clinic would be the place.
If Mr Ashenden wanted to discuss his anti-doping views, he would not be allowed in any other CN forums except here in the clinic.
And if individuals want to share that they do not care about certain riders doping - that is a valid discussion point for the clinic also.

I may be wrong though. Maybe the Clinic IS only for anti-doping discussions. If it is, oops sorry, I take it all back.