• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexander Kristoff

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Now all that's left to do is to extent his climbing ability from Belgian bergs to Alpine ascents, and then he can become the first rider in a long time to win the Champs Elysee sprint in the yellow jersey

In two years maybe?

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
I doubt he can improve his TT enough to take the yellow in the very first sprint. After Huy he should be far(ish) from it and most likely someone better there will not lose too much on the cobbles.

I agree its doubtful he`ll get the yellow jersey. I suspect Kristoff feels the same. Clearly he thinks it`s not beyond the realm of possible though.
More significantly:
I think improving his tempo will mostly improve his GC chances in 4-7 days stage races. Not uninteresting for him either I suspect. There are a limited number of interesting 1 day races for him-
However, he has clearly not ever prioritized his TT, but his engine is clearly there, and so it will be interesting to see how fast and how much of an improvement he can achieve by improving his technique. As he
has showed on a couple of occasions this year, he is not really that bad to begin with, and that is with a significant handicap due to bad technique. I thnk the article says the new position reduces air resistance with something like 10% at 50 km/h. The neccecary watt production to keep the speed up was reduced by some 60-70. Significant numbers!
But as is also stated, the new position is also somewhat uncomfortable, so he would also need to actually practice it I guess. Hard to tell wheter he`ll make it a priority.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
You are going to put that shite all over the site aren't you?
I see you have 10 000 posts since signing up. That's an average of 10 posts per day. I have made 4 today. Do you see where I'm going with this? Probably not, as you don't seem like the smartest guy.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
With Kittel off form, we need Kristoff really strong or else the unthinkable might happen and Cavendish gets another Champs Elysees win or too many stages.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
20150813arn1005_670.jpg

A great photo. Unbridled aggression, barely contained.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
SeriousSam said:
With Kittel off form, we need Kristoff really strong or else the unthinkable might happen and Cavendish gets another Champs Elysees win or too many stages.

You forgot Greipel :D

Everyone forgot about Greipel, if only I'd put some money on him and not Kristoff :D :rolleyes:

Cance > TheRest said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
What's the chance for a repeat season? Without Degenkolb the RVV/PR double should be witihn reach. Add to that another MSR now and we got a great season
That is too early to say. Also I think it's a disadvantage for Kristoff to not have an ally in Giant. They're gonna need it when Cancellara attacks ;)

Or when QS, Lotto, Vanmarcke, Langeveld, Boom, Keukeleire, Deveneyns, EBH, Vansummeren etc. attack.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:
What's the chance for a repeat season? Without Degenkolb the RVV/PR double should be witihn reach. Add to that another MSR now and we got a great season
That is too early to say. Also I think it's a disadvantage for Kristoff to not have an ally in Giant. They're gonna need it when Cancellara attacks ;)

Or when QS, Lotto, Vanmarcke, Langeveld, Boom, Keukeleire, Deveneyns, EBH, Vansummeren etc. attack.
These they let ride away :p

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:

LOL :D :D :D :D

Cance > TheRest said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Keukeleire: 6th Paris-Roubaix last year
Devenyns: 14th and 21 in the Tour of Flandres (+ winning early season helps you the entire season)
EBH: c'mon you doubt him?
Langeveld: 7th and 8th Parix-Roubaix and 5th in the Tour of Flandres

These guys can only attack and perhaps one of them could win, y'all seem to forget Vansummeren won roubaix in 2011.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Keukeleire: 6th Paris-Roubaix last year
Devenyns: 14th and 21 in the Tour of Flandres (+ winning early season helps you the entire season)
EBH: c'mon you doubt him?
Langeveld: 7th and 8th Parix-Roubaix and 5th in the Tour of Flandres

These guys can only attack and perhaps one of them could win, y'all seem to forget Vansummeren won roubaix in 2011.
We are in 2016, in case you haven't noticed.

TRENDING THREADS