Alexander Kristoff

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Well done Kristoff... Strongest rider on the day..

Surely the man to beat come sunday...
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
jens_attacks said:
excellent kristov. proper hard man
will he ride roubaix?
He's obviously focussing on the Fleche Wallone and the mountain jersey in the Giro. :rolleyes:


He'll ride, obviously
on huy he has a chance if he attacks from the foot of it. mountain jersey in the giro though, who da fucc cares about that? it's not green anymore

now seriously, i thought he was going to party all week on makarov's yacht. that's why i asked

he's of course built to win roubaix. i would love it. him or sep.
 
This man...

I remember at Maxbo Bianchi there were 2 talents. Edvald Boasson Hagen and Kristoff. Hagen the strong man who could win everything, hills, time trials, sprints, cobbles. And there was Kristoff, who, at that time, was 'just' a fast guy. Couldn't survive a speed bump though.
Then at the pro's, Hagen immediately went on winning, but at classics often troubled the last 50km.
Kristoff got placements... after a few years wins.. and then he started doing really well in hard stages and semi-classics.. then he won virtually every sprint after 250km+ races, but it was often for minor placings.. Last year he actually won MSR. And this year he is simply the strongest in Flanders. Wow.

And where is Hagen? At MTN, trying to regain what once was... Kristoff far surpassed him. Who would've though back then? I know virtually everyone thought Hagen was the big thing. Kristoff shows that young stars aren't always the brightest stars or the ones with most potential.
 
Apr 5, 2015
165
0
0
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
This man...

I remember at Maxbo Bianchi there were 2 talents. Edvald Boasson Hagen and Kristoff. Hagen the strong man who could win everything, hills, time trials, sprints, cobbles. And there was Kristoff, who, at that time, was 'just' a fast guy. Couldn't survive a speed bump though.
Then at the pro's, Hagen immediately went on winning, but at classics often troubled the last 50km.
Kristoff got placements... after a few years wins.. and then he started doing really well in hard stages and semi-classics.. then he won virtually every sprint after 250km+ races, but it was often for minor placings.. Last year he actually won MSR. And this year he is simply the strongest in Flanders. Wow.

And where is Hagen? At MTN, trying to regain what once was... Kristoff far surpassed him. Who would've though back then? I know virtually everyone thought Hagen was the big thing. Kristoff shows that young stars aren't always the brightest stars or the ones with most potential.
Yeah.. Fully agree with the above. Slow and steady progress for Kristoff to the point where he looks like a big star for years to come. EBH looked like the biggest talent, but isn`t really good at anything anymore. I wonder though: Is Sagan showing signs of fading like EBH as well? Would be a shame.
 
Re:

mrhender said:
Well done Kristoff... Strongest rider on the day..

Surely the man to beat come sunday...
Roubaix suits him a lot less. Not gonna happen there. But if he does somehow pull off the double I'll take an avatar for the first time on this forum from his victory salute :cool:
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
mrhender said:
Well done Kristoff... Strongest rider on the day..

Surely the man to beat come sunday...
Roubaix suits him a lot less. Not gonna happen there. But if he does somehow pull off the double I'll take an avatar for the first time on this forum from his victory salute :cool:
You think?

Beforehand I would think Roubaix was better suited to him then today...
 
Re: Re:

mrhender said:
Flamin said:
mrhender said:
Well done Kristoff... Strongest rider on the day..

Surely the man to beat come sunday...
Roubaix suits him a lot less. Not gonna happen there. But if he does somehow pull off the double I'll take an avatar for the first time on this forum from his victory salute :cool:
You think?

Beforehand I would think Roubaix was better suited to him then today...
Yep, his own words. He doesn't like the cobbles that much.
 
Nah I think he is right. On flat cobble sections Kristoff looks more stressed.I think he had more trouble following Terpstra on the Kwaremont then setting the pace high enough on the Pater, because it's way steeper and explosive and short
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nah I think he is right. On flat cobble sections Kristoff looks more stressed.I think he had more trouble following Terpstra on the Kwaremont then setting the pace high enough on the Pater, because it's way steeper and explosive and short
Makes sense..

Am I correct that cobble sectors in PR in genereal are a bit narrower then today?

If so he can't hide in the bunch all day as it more likely to be decided up front?

I mean placing in front is even more important in PR then today so he will use a lot more energy to secure a good position in the end..
 
Great win today. Seemed to play it tactically perfect with the confidence to work for the lead and still be sure he'd have what it takes to burn Terpstra at the end.

I hope he gives PR a proper go and doesn't go in thinking it'll be too hard for him.
 
mrhender said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nah I think he is right. On flat cobble sections Kristoff looks more stressed.I think he had more trouble following Terpstra on the Kwaremont then setting the pace high enough on the Pater, because it's way steeper and explosive and short
Makes sense..

Am I correct that cobble sectors in PR in genereal are a bit narrower then today?

If so he can't hide in the bunch all day as it more likely to be decided up front?

I mean placing in front is even more important in PR then today so he will use a lot more energy to secure a good position in the end..
Hard to know without going out there with a tape measure but I don't think so! :) It's crowd dependent too of course.

In PR they'll hit them faster as they're flat and if you're not in the right position in the group you can take a real hammering.
 
Apr 5, 2015
165
0
0
Betfair has Kristoff as favorite to win PR. Odds: 6,2. Closely followed by Stybar and Degenkolb (6,8 and 7,4).
For some reason the odds on Wiggins is lower than Terpstra (9,4 vs 9,6).
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Yes.. The speed in which they hit/pass the cobbled sectors are obviously higher than today..

Thus all the more reason/need to be at the very front...

About the tape measure it is only my perception. I have nothing to back it it up with -hence the questionmark :)

Anyway he could be empty come sunday -It would make sense (see Geraint Thomas for comparison)
He's put much effort into the last week. Maybe a week race-pause will make him feel his legs for real (and get heavy)...
 
Re:

Pulp said:
Betfair has Kristoff as favorite to win PR. Odds: 6,2. Closely followed by Stybar and Degenkolb (6,8 and 7,4).
For some reason the odds on Wiggins is lower than Terpstra (9,4 vs 9,6).
Is Betfair a UK site? It may be because they're expecting more money on Wiggins whether he is more likely to win or not.
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Pulp said:
Betfair has Kristoff as favorite to win PR. Odds: 6,2. Closely followed by Stybar and Degenkolb (6,8 and 7,4).
For some reason the odds on Wiggins is lower than Terpstra (9,4 vs 9,6).
Is Betfair a UK site? It may be because they're expecting more money on Wiggins whether he is more likely to win or not.
They specialize in UK bets but Bet365 (UK based) are probably the largest cycling betting site..

Kristoff 5.50
Stybar 8.00
Degenkolb 8.00
Vanmarcke 8.00
Wiggins 9.00
Terpstra 9.00
Thomas 9.00
Sagan 12.00
Boom 17.00
GVA 19.00 :eek:

http://www.bet365.dk/home/FlashGen4/Web ... 5802011984
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Re:

King Boonen said:
Not sure why you're surprised at GVA being down there, he never wins anything ;) Could be worth an each way bet though...
I know he's the king of runner up's... But once in a while he does win and he surely was one of the strongest today...
 
Re: Re:

mrhender said:
King Boonen said:
Not sure why you're surprised at GVA being down there, he never wins anything ;) Could be worth an each way bet though...
I know he's the king of runner up's... But once in a while he does win and he surely was one of the strongest today...
Like I said, worth an each way bet but I wouldn't ever put big money on him to win a proper race.
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
Like I said, worth an each way bet but I wouldn't ever put big money on him to win a proper race.
The eek didn't mean to imply I was going to bet big on him winning :)

Only that for a rider of his calibre and form it is too high..

Anyway not trying to make an argument out of this..

To get on topic - I wouldn't take the Kristoff bet below 10.. He's done some very hard work this week..
 
Re: Re:

mrhender said:
King Boonen said:
Like I said, worth an each way bet but I wouldn't ever put big money on him to win a proper race.
The eek didn't mean to imply I was going to bet big on him winning :)

Only that for a rider of his calibre and form it is too high..

Anyway not trying to make an argument out of this..

To get on topic - I wouldn't take the Kristoff bet below 10.. He's done some very hard work this week..
It's possible that the other half of this discussion thinks it's just that, a discussion, not an argument ;)

You've been spending too much time on here :)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS