• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexander Kristoff

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
What's the chance for a repeat season? Without Degenkolb the RVV/PR double should be witihn reach. Add to that another MSR now and we got a great season
That is too early to say. Also I think it's a disadvantage for Kristoff to not have an ally in Giant. They're gonna need it when Cancellara attacks ;)

Or when QS, Lotto, Vanmarcke, Langeveld, Boom, Keukeleire, Deveneyns, EBH, Vansummeren etc. attack.
These they let ride away :p

Agreed, I might give those guys a combined 5% chance of winning.

jaylew said:
Hugo Koblet said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Cance > TheRest said:
Vino attacks everyone said:
What's the chance for a repeat season? Without Degenkolb the RVV/PR double should be witihn reach. Add to that another MSR now and we got a great season
That is too early to say. Also I think it's a disadvantage for Kristoff to not have an ally in Giant. They're gonna need it when Cancellara attacks ;)

Or when QS, Lotto, Vanmarcke, Langeveld, Boom, Keukeleire, Deveneyns, EBH, Vansummeren etc. attack.
These they let ride away :p

Agreed, I might give those guys a combined 5% chance of winning.

Bonifazio, Theuns & Stuyven look more promising to me than these guys!

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re:

neineinei said:
Katusha says they will build the team around him. They are supposed to become more of a normal, "commercial" team, as opposed to a Russian project.

Ekimov is probably right when he says "He'll never find the same freedom and support elsewhere". He gets to be team captain in all races where he wants to be captain. Why go to Sky and fight with Thomas and Stannard and Swift and Viviani over who is captain when he can get full support at Katusha?

Sky, Quick-Step, AG2R and FDJ were mentioned as interested a year ago.

http://www.procycling.no/uansett-hv...-kristoff-samme-frihet-og-stotte-som-hos-oss/
http://www.tv2.no/a/6792398

What about Trek? With Fabian calling it a career, they could use a new leader in the Classics. He would also take over sprint duties from the god awful Nizzolo. Just a thought...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Cance > TheRest said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
What can happen in 2011 can happen in 2016
Surely, it happened in 2014 too. But it's going to be very hard for the 3rd tier riders you mentioned (the ones I bolded) with a strong Quickstep and Katusha Team in mind.
Nuyens was third tier

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
blackcat said:
Cance > TheRest said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Surely, it happened in 2014 too. But it's going to be very hard for the 3rd tier riders you mentioned (the ones I bolded) with a strong Quickstep and Katusha Team in mind.
Nuyens was third tier

No.

before he won Flanders in 2011, indeed he was

blackcat said:
Kwibus said:
blackcat said:
Cance > TheRest said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Nuyens was third tier

No.

before he won Flanders in 2011, indeed he was

Lol, he was 2nd in De Ronde in 2008, 7th in 2007, won Omloop in 2005. He was very inconsistent yes (a lot of it because of crashes and injuries) but he was always a very talented rider for the Flandrian races.

So it sounds like they dumped AK's leadout for the TdF team. He hasn't been getting along with his bosses this year because he isn't winning as much as they would like (they called him fat). While giving him little help at the TdF is sending a message, its also reduces his chances of winning. He can do OK surfing other trains, but...

Kat/Alp is probably expecting some individual result from Martin, but he could serve as a leadout man as well.

Can/Drap, here's your sprinter!

Re:

jmdirt said:
Can/Drap, here's your sprinter!

That would be a great fit in sporting terms, but as Kristoff signed his last contract as a guy who had just won two monuments and signed as a central leader with a big budget team, my guess is that he's way outside their budget. Unless all that sponsor-fishing they've been doing in the business press pays off.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
What if AK wins a stage? Now what?

Kristoff is gonna win the Dusseldorf stage easy, he is fuuuuming!! He might go down a gear!. Top 3 in first stage TDF 2017 is Kristoff, Martin, Kittel .. Watch and see.. Bow down later.

Ive never been wrong once in tipping Prologue wins, and im not starting now.. Kristoff for the win. Easy.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re:

jmdirt said:
What if AK wins a stage? Now what?

He will win 3-4 stages, he has never been stronger in tests .. He is like 30 watts better in a sprint now.-

Dauphine he had a cold, simple.. I just hope he dont wanna join Astana..

Norway and Denmark should join forces and make a team, we would be the best in the world! Trust me!§

Fuglesang as GC captain.. Tordenskjold as Naval captain .. and so on..

TRENDING THREADS