• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexander Kristoff

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

carolina said:
Bad deal for UAE. Kristoff is terrible.
That would be a surprise, now that Modolo is becoming ore of a one day racer they need a really fast pure sprinter, not a classics sprinter (if they want to go for a big sprinter). Astana would probably be a better option for Kristoff, hed have a nice Scandinavian faction around him.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
carolina said:
Bad deal for UAE. Kristoff is terrible.
Astana would probably be a better option for Kristoff, hed have a nice Scandinavian faction around him.

Agree, but I think he´ll pull a few moe Scandinavians to UAE. Stake Laengen is there already and will be a great teammate. Bystrøm most certainly will follow. Not sure about Mørkøv´s contract situation, but guess he might jump onboard later.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Painful today. He sprinted backwards

Clearly he was reduced by his injuries. He admitted before the stage that he didn't´t have the muscle power to win. He should have handed this one over to Zabel, but I guess the end result would´ve been the same. Kristoff has had a disappointing Tour and it started with the controversies around the team selection.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Norbea said:
quadrago said:
I know that Morkov has multiple options, but I have no idea which he preferes, i'm guessing staying with Kristoff. Heard nothing about Bystrom.

According to the speculations in Norwegian media: Both Mørkøv and Bystrøm will join Kristoff.
Just thing about a train with those 2 and Ferrari, that would be a great train.

Kristoff is a phenomenon. His shape is horrible but he wins a lot of races which are big on paper but have a horrible competition. He already won two world tour one day races and now the EC, which obviously isn't world tour but it's still a win which will get more attention than it should get.
On paper you could argue that he had a better season than Sagan while he was in fact 3 classes below him for the whole year.

Gigs_98 said:
Kristoff is a phenomenon. His shape is horrible but he wins a lot of races which are big on paper but have a horrible competition. He already won two world tour one day races and now the EC, which obviously isn't world tour but it's still a win which will get more attention than it should get.
On paper you could argue that he had a better season than Sagan while he was in fact 3 classes below him for the whole year.

He's an exact copy of Romans Vainsteins, but worse in every way. Yet he's won more. He's definitely one of the luckiest riders I've ever heard of.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Yeah, he's crazy. Probably the only rider in the peloton who wished that every race and stage was at least 250 km. And it's reasonable that Katusha don't want to give him as many € as he received after winning Flanders and Sanremo, but he's still one of the top 5 favorites for at least two monuments each year.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:
Gigs_98 said:

He's an exact copy of Romans Vainsteins, but worse in every way. Yet he's won more. He's definitely one of the luckiest riders I've ever heard of.
He was clearly the strongest rider in the biggest win of his career

GuyIncognito said:
Gigs_98 said:

What?

He's top-5 material in both MSR and RVV since 2013, is top-10 in the Worlds for three years.

The_Beach said:
GuyIncognito said:
Gigs_98 said:

He was clearly the strongest rider in the biggest win of his career

The reply was to Gigs_98, we're talking about this year, not a few years back.

Alexandre B. said:
GuyIncognito said:
Gigs_98 said:

What?

He's top-5 material in both MSR and RVV since 2013, is top-10 in the Worlds for three years.

Read from the top :)
This year he's been terrible but his season looks great if you only look at results. He's been lucky, the fields have been crap.

TRENDING THREADS