• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexis "Pikachu" Vuillermoz discussion thread

One of the most talented puncheurs of France !

6th on Flèche Wallonne.
3rd on stage 3 - mur de Huy.
1st on stage 8 - Mûr-de-Bretagne.
11th of the Giro 2014 - as a lieutenant.

He was a great mountain biker too. :)

pict_pokeacute-mon-fan-un-pikachu-acrobate-agrave-taiwan_40826_1_.png

And someone said he would be the ninja of the Tour (reaching the Top 10 without ever being in it on a single stage). Guess he proved at least one person wrong. Great victory for him and his nickname is also great. I like him already :D

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if we can call him a puncheur. Lets wait and see him as a grimpeur first. Hope he gets the freedom now, after working for Bardet and Peraud so far.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah, though he usually comes up short on the real long climbs.

But who knows, he didn't have much chance to ride for himself on most longer climbs. Now Bardet is not looking great and Peraud is not doing fantastic either

Still i have thee feeling Peraud will be fine for top-10. He's up there on the explosive finishes. Bardet however looks cooked.

Re:

Nastyy said:
After Saur-Sojasun folded Vuillermoz didn't have a team and AG2R only took him on because a third party paid them to hire him. Glad they did though.
The third party guy is an entrepreneur from Jura, where Alexis and my entire family come from. Daniel Germond. A local man with a little cash who was willing to spend his money to give Alexis a chance. Historically, St. Claude is a lot of Millet, Gros, Prost, Cottet, Reffay, Jeantet, and there have been Vuillermoz in this area for quite some time. The Germonds have obviously fallen in love and established themselves in this neck of the woods. I have left Jura many years ago. What I can tell you is that coming from St. Claude, Alexis (stereotype) is probably shy but brave. Tough. Not a talker. Merci Daniel! I was screaming watching TV today.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

qwer said:
http://www.ninha.bio.br/biologia/marinhos/moreias/moreia3.jpg
he breathes like this fish... so weird...

He explained it once in an interview on French TV. He has some problem with his airways, which is why at big efforts he has to breathe only through his mouth. I forgot what exactly the problem is though. I remember he said "I know it looks funny, but everyone's gotta work with what they have"

TRENDING THREADS