• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All about Red now for Sky?

Do Sky switch strategy after today? There GC guys both lost time but they have a great chance of winning a jersey with Viviani and two sprint stages left. Should they try and grab a top 10 with either Porte or Konig but switch there main focus to the Maglia Rosso?

Should be that way. Viviani should be fully supported.

Oh wait a minute.... He ain't Anglo Saxon-- FORGET IT

(remember when Uran needed the full team support for the GC & Brailsford instead put all men to work for Cavendish???)

SKY is simply CURSED by Il Giro

Re:

hfer07 said:
Should be that way. Viviani should be fully supported.

Oh wait a minute.... He ain't Anglo Saxon-- FORGET IT

(remember when Uran needed the full team support for the GC & Brailsford instead put all men to work for Cavendish???)

Two way street - read somewhere (may have been Cav's book) that during 2013 season both Colombians had the reputation of being mavericks who'd not follow team instructions.

MatParker117 said:
Do Sky switch strategy after today? There GC guys both lost time but they have a great chance of winning a jersey with Viviani and two sprint stages left. Should they try and grab a top 10 with either Porte or Konig but switch there main focus to the Maglia Rosso?

Do you think Brailsford knows the answer? Or any of the brilliant DSs? They have no clue what to do in the Giro. It's a too complicated race for Sky.

Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
Arredondo said:
The Hitch said:
the sceptic said:
I'm sure Brailsford the tactical mastermind has something up his sleeve.
Is there any video of Jonathan Vaughters from Flanders 2011 when he got caught on camera telling his riders to wheelsuck and under no circumstances contribute to the effort.

https://youtu.be/pCioCrbenWM

2.35 - 2.42 ;)
OMG, ...I hate this clown :eek:

Oh dear God ...do you think Vaughters is the only DS to say and do this
They are all advise like this when it suits......
People on here love to hate

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
ILovecycling said:
Arredondo said:
The Hitch said:
the sceptic said:
I'm sure Brailsford the tactical mastermind has something up his sleeve.
Is there any video of Jonathan Vaughters from Flanders 2011 when he got caught on camera telling his riders to wheelsuck and under no circumstances contribute to the effort.

https://youtu.be/pCioCrbenWM

2.35 - 2.42 ;)
OMG, ...I hate this clown :eek:

Oh dear God ...do you think Vaughters is the only DS to say and do this
They are all advise like this when it suits......
People on here love to hate
I didnt say it is only cuz f this, you should follow my (not)smart :D post more closely and you would know my opinion on him.He is just clown almost whatever he says and does, his tactics is BS and his opinions on prof cycling also..

I'd have changed my tactics completely. Letting Porte lose a lot of minutes. I don't think Porte is interested in getting 7th again, then a stage win is better.

Kiry for stage 14.
König attacking/winning on stage 15. And keeping his top 10 for the rest of the race.
Nieve in a break in stage 16 and 18.
Porte falling way back in the GC so that he is no treat and winning the prestigious stage 20.
Viviani for stage, 17, 21 and Red.
Puccio in a break for stage 17, if he get caught they can rely on Viviani if he is still there.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I think that unless Porte totally kills it tomorrow they will cut their losses and take him home...

Much better to have him in top form at TDF than race for a 5th place or so here..

Also Kyrienka will be given a free pass tomorrow so if he has only been careful with his enerigies he might do well..

Afterwards it will be stage hunting and maybe aiming for a top 5-8 with König...

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re:

mrhender said:
I think that unless Porte totally kills it tomorrow they will cut their losses and take him home...

Much better to have him in top form at TDF than race for a 5th place or so here..

Also Kyrienka will be given a free pass tomorrow so if he has only been careful with his enerigies he might do well..

Afterwards it will be stage hunting and maybe aiming for a top 5-8 with König...

this is an astonishing point of view, even if it does seem to be very common on these boards.

if richie porte was strong enough to be a highly regarded pre-race favorite, why on earth is he not strong enough to outclass almost everyone sitting ahead of him on gc right now. jeez, there is a SUPER long, hard tt tomorrow. and the third week is a killer! guys are going to get sorted big time.

i honestly don't see how richie is not a favorite for the podium. there is still a chance he could win outright.

spanky wanderlust said:
mrhender said:

this is an astonishing point of view, even if it does seem to be very common on these boards.

if richie porte was strong enough to be a highly regarded pre-race favorite, why on earth is he not strong enough to outclass almost everyone sitting ahead of him on gc right now. jeez, there is a SUPER long, hard tt tomorrow. and the third week is a killer! guys are going to get sorted big time.

i honestly don't see how richie is not a favorite for the podium. there is still a chance he could win outright.

Against Contador who is the best GC rider of his generation and who is in great form and Porte over 5 minutes down ??......that would be a miracle....even reaching the podium

But I do agree if he is fit he should fight on and see what happens

TRENDING THREADS