• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All about Red now for Sky?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
MatParker117 said:
lemon cheese cake said:
TMP402 said:
In light of the TT, I think Sky should focus on red.
And protcting Konigs top 10 position surely?

Of course, top 10 and a jersey is a GT most teams would kill for.

Yes, I agree, I would keep most of the team's climbers in to support Koenig.

naaah..top 10 top 7, what does that matter for sky? Sky has been saving their form for the 3rd week specifically. They are going to record win on all mountain top finish starting tomorrow!! That's more epic than top 10 placing.. yawn.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Richeypen said:
MatParker117 said:
lemon cheese cake said:
TMP402 said:
In light of the TT, I think Sky should focus on red.
And protcting Konigs top 10 position surely?

Of course, top 10 and a jersey is a GT most teams would kill for.

Alongside 2 stage victories
At least 2 stage victories, they could win even more.

Couple of sprints left and Kiry, Suitsou, Eisel and Puccio isn't a bad lead out for Viviani. With the withdrawals he has a good chance to win both and Sky would then get out of the Giro with the Maglia Rosso.

:rolleyes: After the brilliant incisive summary of "Sky's worst ever team time trial in a GT" ... err that means since the last GT, we read from

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-team-by-team-review-part-2

"Viviani's sprint win on stage 2 remains as the team's only highlight from the Giro"

I guess the report was written before the time trial :rolleyes: or maybe I dreamed Kiryenka's win. Lennie King's 6th place was not too bad either, although the team would have been definitely hoping for more.

Re:

Tank Engine said:
:rolleyes: After the brilliant incisive summary of "Sky's worst ever team time trial in a GT" ... err that means since the last GT, we read from

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-team-by-team-review-part-2

"Viviani's sprint win on stage 2 remains as the team's only highlight from the Giro"

I guess the report was written before the time trial :rolleyes: or maybe I dreamed Kiryenka's win. Lennie King's 6th place was not too bad either, although the team would have been definitely hoping for more.
spot on

TRENDING THREADS