• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All Hail Gustav Larsson !!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cycle Chic said:
Is it just the Scandinavians who have any balls to speak up ??

Yeah, we're really getting a lot of good, open mouthed stuff from all the Scandinavians, aren't we? Especially that Hushovd guy - wow...

Can you name one other Scandinavian who's been frank on LA recently??

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
JPM London said:
Yeah, we're really getting a lot of good, open mouthed stuff from all the Scandinavians, aren't we? Especially that Hushovd guy - wow...

Can you name one other Scandinavian who's been frank on LA recently??

Kaggestad. Search his name in the reactions thread.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Kudos to Larsson.

My thoughts are that others are not saying anything because they don't want to be hypocritical. Perhaps Larsson is one of the few people who can speak out against doping without being a hypocrite?

The Hitch said:
Get some chalk,, and spray those roads with his name

Yeah he definately needs a thread too.

Tour of Britain.....Has anyone been out and painted anything derogatory about the Non Anti-Doping stance of the peloton. ??

Would be good to have a Larsson Appreciation one on the roads. I,d be out there but it passes nowhere nearby. :(

Floyd has said in the past that doping was openly discussed in the peloton. I would guess that pros who openly discussed their refill schedule in 2002 are now reluctant to publicly condemn a convicted doper lest they be called out themselves. Much like the mob having you "making your bones" in the mob. Once you are a made man by killing your first person, you are a part of the omerta. Everyone has dirt on everyone else, making public comments like this rare.

If you've been in the peloton for a while, you have a lot of dirt on a lot of people, and they have it on you. Add a UCI that has shown that they will cherry pick the winners and losers, that Lance seems to have some say in that choice, and that you aren't sure what you will do after your relatively short career ends. Until there is some sort of amnesty, I doubt you will hear much external criticism. If anything, it makes me think Gustav Larson is a clean rider.