• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

All kind of avatar bets

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
How will GC battle shake up?
Nothing will shake up, Froome will shake them all off!
The Tour champion doesn't come to a race to be beaten by the rivals he defeated a month ago or some young and coming hopefuls.
This will be the double of the season.
In your dreams :D he can't even stay at a consistent level for 3 weeks, there's no way he can do the double.
Wanna bet?

I bet a race jersey Froome don't win.....loser buys the winner a jersey of their choice....

ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
The Tour champion doesn't come to a race to be beaten by the rivals he defeated a month ago or some young and coming hopefuls.
In your dreams :D he can't even stay at a consistent level for 3 weeks, there's no way he can do the double.
Wanna bet?

I bet a race jersey Froome don't win.....loser buys the winner a jersey of their choice....
This is a nice proposition.
I'd love to get a jersey.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
Wanna bet?

This is a nice proposition.
I'd love to get a jersey.

Agreed ,,,loser buys the winner a jersey of choice. " I wont go bonkers if I win and ask for a rapha "

If Froome has a crash and pulls out then obviously I won't ask you to pay up, He has to finish.

agreed?

ray j willings said:
Agreed ,,,loser buys the winner a jersey of choice. " I wont go bonkers if I win and ask for a rapha "

If Froome has a crash and pulls out then obviously I won't ask you to pay up, He has to finish.

agreed?
You're trying to get an easy reward.
If we're betting in jersey, lets talk jerseys.
There are several on offer, which of them he'll get or not?
How does this sound?

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

https://instagram.com/wtfkits/

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

Ok,,how about this ..What ever jersey Froome wins I will buy you a replica of that jersey.
if he does not win a jersey you buy me a jersey of my choice
deal?

ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

Ok,,how about this ..What ever jersey Froome wins I will buy you a replica of that jersey.
deal?
Sounds good.
I have doubts about this kind of betting (where material goods are involved in a forum bet), but O.K..
He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition, and the budget of the bet is the budget of replica jersey.
Deal?

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

deal?
Sounds good.
I have doubts about this kind of betting (where material goods are involved in a forum bet), but O.K..
He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition, and the budget of the bet is the budget of replica jersey.
Deal?

That's a deal.

sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

Was today counted as 'if Froome has a crash and pulls out'

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Ruby United said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

I dont think it should count as that,just my 0.02 ;)

ILovecycling said:
Ruby United said:
sir fly said:
ray j willings said:

agreed?
How does this sound?

I dont think it should count as that,just my 0.02 ;)
sir fly did write "He'll need to finish the race, that's obvious condition..." and ray j willings "He has to finish" :)

Old&slow said:
Jspear said:
Old&slow said:
LaFlorecita said:
Lol.. I see Old&slow's posts have already been deleted but I just wanted to say that I thought it was hilarious he basically 100% copy-pasted his own post from 2015 :D viewtopic.php?p=1783418#p1783418
They can delete and hide the truth and only allow delusional Contador fanboy posts. But the bottom line is Contador is a third tier rider. He has never been a Tour de France contending rider and never will be. As I said in my other posts his two TDF wins were against Leiphiemer Schleck and others who could never dream of a top 10 in a tour like this years or last years.

The fanboys and the media may want you to think Contador has a chance but he has no chance unless 10 riders better than him drop out. He is what he is and that is the equivalent of Bauke Mollema and that is where he will end up again this year fighting with Mollema, Barguil, Mientes and others for a top 5-10 placement. Maybe next year he can just focus on the Giro and/or Vuelta where he can ride against riders who are not as strong or in peak form and fool people into thinking he is a great rider. All he is and has ever been is hype. Wake up in 4 weeks and we will see the same thing we always see, Contador finishing close to 10 minutes down and this forum flooded with posts about how he should have won and of course will win again next year when this fantastic series of events magically transforms him into their version of Cinderella.

I am posting this here simply to give you the chance to tell me I told you so after the race. I could do the same thing I do every year and simply post this after Contador's glass falls off and he ends ups being who he is and that's a better than average rider but not a top tier rider that can contend for the TDF. My advice is start preparing the excuses now as you will need them in a few weeks.

Want to do an avatar bet? I say AC finishes top 3 within 10 minutes of the winner. It seems you're saying at best he'll be 5th outside 10 minutes of the winner. Sound good? Please take me up on this avatar bet!

Also you say he's a third tier rider. Let's assume Froome and Quintana are the top tier. Can you name me all the 2nd tier riders who are better than him?

I would be happy to make you an avatar bet that Contador does not finish in the top 3. He stands little to no chance.

In regards to 2nd tier riders there are Porte, Landa, Bardet, Valverde and if in form Nibali. Pinot, Van Garden, Aru, and Gesink would be stronger if in better form. Usually, there are a number of domestiques much stronger than Contador like in 2013 when Kreuziger and Porte were quite evidently stronger and Geraint Thomas in 2015. Then there are all the third tier riders about the same strength as Contador such as Martin, Barguil, Meintes, Fugslang, Van Den Broeck, Mollema, Mientes, Majka, Dupont who like Contador can contend for a top 10 spot if they raced and prepared.

Alright so the bet needs one more dimension. You said AC will be 5-10. Can that be added? I'm saying a top 3, you're saying no more than top 5. Sound right?

The loser has a avatar of the winners choosing till the Vuelta.

Wow,the bet itself is definitely reasonable,since Contador is likely to bust his a** off trying to win and not caring for a podium.

The arguments for old&slow, though, is hilarious to say the least,bordering trolling.

Dupont,VDB and Fuglsang same level as Contador? (Just pointing out the most obvious errors) LOLROFLMAO

Someone needs to make an avatar bet with Libertine with this as the prize :D

bGSnfKZYTZ6xH7uskjrQXA~Peter-Sagan-Saitama-Japonsko-okt16-letour-fr.jpg

jtPQBlC.jpg