• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Allergies, not getting positve, and thresholds

Here's the problem with articles like this:
"This is a wild, shot-in-the-dark explanation for how the ball may have been dropped multiple times by multiple people; I'm just trying to illustrate how this is all such a grey area that you could call it...50 shades of grey."

Since we outsiders will never know for sure, but want to try to figure it out, Ockham's Razor seems the most useful tool: the simpler explanation is the more likely one. That a professional athlete popped 8 pseudaphed before a big game is a lot simpler and more likely than all the permutations noted in the article.

Sciatic said:
Here's the problem with articles like this:
"This is a wild, shot-in-the-dark explanation for how the ball may have been dropped multiple times by multiple people; I'm just trying to illustrate how this is all such a grey area that you could call it...50 shades of grey."

Since we outsiders will never know for sure, but want to try to figure it out, Ockham's Razor seems the most useful tool: the simpler explanation is the more likely one. That a professional athlete popped 8 pseudaphed before a big game is a lot simpler and more likely than all the permutations noted in the article.

Got my vote.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS