• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amaury family to sell Groupe Amaury

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
http://road.cc/content/news/93515-t...ury-group-reportedly-considers-selling-assets

According to Inner Ring, Qatar could be another potential buyer.
As for potential buyers, pro cycling insider blogger Inner Ring pointed out on Twitter that the Gulf state of Qatar has been building up a portfolio of assets in French sport, and already has dealings with ASO.

The Qatari royal family owns football club Paris St Germain through the Qatar Sports Investment arm of its sovereign wealth fund, and Qatar Airways is the official airline of the Tour de France. ASO also organises the Tour of Qatar.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
wasn't ASO actually making money for the group?

why? why? why.

will we now lose the races held by ASO? If ASO sells today, will it be RCS tomorrow. vuela is already part owned by ASO.

I just hope that the french government steps in. Syria is a lesser issue than this one.:(:(

Is it possible to petition the french governement to nationalize ASO?

murali said:
wasn't ASO actually making money for the group?

why? why? why.

will we now lose the races held by ASO? If ASO sells today, will it be RCS tomorrow. vuela is already part owned by ASO.

I just hope that the french government steps in. Syria is a lesser issue than this one.:(:(

Is it possible to petition the french governement to nationalize ASO?

If the Qatari's don't have it then James Murdoch will, 21st Century Fox wants to increase it's investment in the sport.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
murali said:

I like cycling a lot, but saying that it matters more than war and mass killing of women and children........

TRENDING THREADS