• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amazing staircases

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Loretto Chapel Staircase.. Santa Fe New Mexico

The+miracle+staircase,+Loretto+Chapel,+Santa+Fe.jpg

http://www.lorettochapel.com/staircase.html

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
stairs are fascinating because in good old blighty the steps cannot have more than 2mm difference, so amazing staircases are more amazing than they look I think :S...

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I'm sure the stairs are part of the footpath.
Here's what I could find in Google image search. It's on Ulleunggo Volcano 75 miles off the coast of South Korea. I haven't located another pic of the staircase as I'm having difficulty pinpointing where exactly it is. Google Earth shows the lighthouse in the middle of town:confused:

Here is the person who took the photo.
The Spiral Staircase
Photographer’s Note

A very unusual part of the walkway, leading from the lighthouse, to Jeodong town, along the cliffs of this rocky volcanic shore, where the terrain plunges straight down into the sea. From memory, I think the stairs are 57 metres.

Ulleunggo Volcano is about 75 miles off the east coast of South Korea, & last erupted over 9,350 years ago, with a force equivalent to Pinatubo, in the Philippines, in 1991.

It's a very interesting place I'm glad I checked it out
Exploring Ulleungdo Island: A volcanic island formed by wind & fire - Recommended Hiking

TRENDING THREADS