• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amount of TUEs used in 2014

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
bobbins said:
If they are all backdating them, they only need them if their rider has been controlled ;-)
good point.

Race Radio said:
Huh? Wasn't British Cycling supposed to be approving TUEs like a conveyor belt? :confused: Guess that was made up
i don't remember anyone claiming that, but I may have missed it of course.
In any case, let's not jump to conclusions as if this were hard data. It's not. It's just a bunch of answers to a journo's inquiry. Nothing more nothing less. Has UCI confirmed the validity of the answers?:rolleyes:
See also bobbins point above, which may apply more to Sky than to any other team.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Well, they've had the existence of one leaked so if they lied here they could very easily be caught out. I guess that didnt occur to you ...

Ball, not man.

Did anyone question sky on their previous lies?

They might have had 2 TUEs or 200. No one knows and I certainly don't trust anything coming from Sky.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Huh? Wasn't British Cycling supposed to be approving TUEs like a conveyor belt? :confused: Guess that was made up

It's UCI (call Zorzoli) who approve TUE's for WT teams and anyone else in their international registered testing pool, and the other Brits gets their TUE's from UK Anti-doping. British Cycling handing out TUE's must be back in the days before the Domsday Book.

http://www.uci.ch/clean-sport/therapeutic-use-exemptions/
http://www.ukad.org.uk/support-personnel/checking-medications/

the sceptic said:
Ball, not man.

Did anyone question sky on their previous lies?

They might have had 2 TUEs or 200. No one knows and I certainly don't trust anything coming from Sky.

Thats another £1 for my pension then.

Questionning Sky on their "previous lies" is irrelevant here. They answered with a precise answer, which is more than a number of the MPCC teams did ...

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheSpud said:
Thats another £1 for my pension then.

Questionning Sky on their "previous lies" is irrelevant here. They answered with a precise answer, which is more than a number of the MPCC teams did ...

And? Does that prove they are not lying?

You seem to struggle to understand my point, which is that if no one questioned sky on their previous lies, why should they be worried about it now?

the sceptic said:
And? Does that prove they are not lying?

You seem to struggle to understand my point, which is that if no one questioned sky on their previous lies, why should they be worried about it now?

No more than it proves they are lying.

Why should they be worried? Well, the fact is they were asked a question about a subject (TUEs) where they have already had information leaked to the press. They would be monumentally stupid to even think about lying when answering this question for fear that something could be leaked again. Pretty straight forward in my view.

Mellow Velo said:
So, another interesting topic forced down the Sky toilet by the obsessed few.
This place has been made into the dead end of doping debate.

Sad to say so.

Anyway, to bring it back to the real issues, what i find really interesting about those responses is the number of MPCC teams who declined to answer (in many different ways). And as I mentioned earlier the OPQS answer is most peculiar.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
So, another interesting topic forced down the Sky toilet by the obsessed few.
This place has been made into the dead end of doping debate.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the thread.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS