• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amstel Gold Race Photography

May 2, 2011
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Thanks for sharing those great images. My favorite was a unique one I have never seen taken like that before... that of #158 Xabier Zandio viewed through the front wheel of a bike on top of a team car.
+1. Did you have a press pass? or were you on a motorbike? Just asking cause there's never people in the way.

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all your positive feedback!

- I travelled with a friend in a car and unfortunately I don´t have a press pass:(

- I´m quite tall with 6'4, so i manage to always look over the other guys standing in front of me;)

- The equipment helped me a little bit on this quite dark day, it was no good day for taking pictures but i´m quite satisfied with the result

- The picture of Zandio was just a "mistake" but when I saw it afterwards, i liked how it looks!

- And yes, i have taken a lot of shots where Voeckler puts his tongue out, must be a habbit of him:D

I will keep on providing you with pictures of the next races like L-B-L or the Tour Start in Belgium!