• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

And then there was five.....Lord......

May 4, 2009
Visit site
5 Garmin riders left, who will drop out tomorrow?

Still fighting it out with Milram and Bbox for slowest team, but they are still pretty new to the peleton and Dave Z can't sandbag all by himself, though Pate seems to be learning pretty well.

Pathetic.

Considering their aspirations where over after the TTT JV's has checked out and is busy day dreaming about Dan Martin being the best young rider in the TdF.

Then again Garmin fans can still look forward to Tommy Gun's assault on Blockhaus. He's moved up about 10 spots for 100th.:)

shades of Brasstown Bald!

Must have something to do with team tactics

165 Julian Dean (NZl) Garmin - Slipstream
166 David Zabriskie (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
167 Danny Pate (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
168 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Captain Chaos said:
Must have something to do with team tactics

165 Julian Dean (NZl) Garmin - Slipstream
166 David Zabriskie (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
167 Danny Pate (USA) Garmin - Slipstream
168 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream

A tight team stays together...

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
Sorry to say this, but maybe they actually are all riding completely clean?

Anyone want to take any bets on Tommy finishing?

Does make one wonder, doesn't it?

Alpe d'Huez said:

I bet he finishes. He only has to survive two more tough stages. Perhaps a full GT will kick him up a notch above the level he has been at the last couple of years.

I think most of the Garmin riders are clean. Lots of them have had an obvious decrease in performance from the level they previously rode at. There are a few like Vande Velde that I don't trust.

Alpe d'Huez said:

What about Cunego then? He has put a lot of time on the Garmin boys. That would make him a freak. Or maybe he would be the true winner?
Don't bash me for these comments, please.
Thanks.

Escarabajo said:
What about Cunego then? He has put a lot of time on the Garmin boys. That would make him a freak. Or maybe he would be the true winner?

Cunego was trying to win the stage. These dudes were trying to go as slow as possible without being eliminated, perhaps hopelessly dreaming of doing something in the last time trial.

I bet the conversation about the Giro's overall pace was an interesting topic of conversation amongst the four of them during those long, slow kilometers. I can sum it up with, "Woah, this clean cycling really hurts."

TRENDING THREADS