• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andrea Piccolo is a big name

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I‘m quite happy for this guy that he‘s at EF in the WT now, and even for the next three years at least.

He has such difficult years behind him, and seems to be a real fighter.

I think even 20 or 25 years ago, his career would have been over. But in modern times, it can be a blessing also, that pro teams care so much about numbers (watts, etc)… Apparently all people who had to rate him were impressed enough about his capabilities. He had times when he could not show it on the road, but got healthy again, and took every chance he got.

Serious health problems and even the war which ended his time at Gazprom could not prevent him from reaching the top level. So hats off to him - I‘m glad he‘s doing fine, now!… :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think even 20 or 25 years ago, his career would have been over. But in modern times, it can be a blessing also, that pro teams care so much about numbers (watts, etc)… Apparently all people who had to rate him were impressed enough about his capabilities.
Before signing with EF he had offers from Ineos and Bora, so yeah his numbers should be pretty good.

there was an interview on bici.pro the other day, which didn't sound too bad:

According to that, he was sick a couple of times this spring, and generally performs better in warmer conditions.

I'm not convinced yet that his results this autumn wasn't a flute.

But nice to see him having overcome whatever the issue was during his time at Astana.

Unfortunately you seem to be correct about his results last autumn being a flute.
He has under 30 UCI points hat the moment for this season.
Something is out of tune. I wish he wood wind more.

TRENDING THREADS