• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreas Kloden a forgotten man?

From last year:

Andreas Klöden has cut his ties to the German national team, saying he has informed the German federation as such. "I will not be available to them in the future," he said. The non-nomination for both the Olympic Games and the World Championships angered the Astana rider, who called on a reformed nomination criteria.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-more-national-team-for-kloden

Susan Westemeyer said:
From last year:

Andreas Klöden has cut his ties to the German national team, saying he has informed the German federation as such. "I will not be available to them in the future," he said. The non-nomination for both the Olympic Games and the World Championships angered the Astana rider, who called on a reformed nomination criteria.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-more-national-team-for-kloden

Wow this is very confusing: he doesn't want to race anymore for them because he was not selected to race anyway and already? :confused:
I guess it's the rider's version of "You're firing me? Hell no, i'm quitting".

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Last year,he wasn't go on well with the man who nominated the world and the olympics. He had longed for a long time. He prepared, but told you could not go for no reason.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I had heard that there were some 'politics' involved in the selection process. If it was talent alone Andreas would be in there. I know Kloden was upset at not being chosen for the Olympics and Worlds last year-but why wouldn't he be chosen then!?....after all he was the top German tour rider on GC this year and has had two podiums at the tour. They had Schumacher in instead-and we all know how that turned out...(!)It strikes me as odd since currently in terms of results he is the most successful German rider in the pro peloton. It must be a clash of personalities-he struke me as a good guy when I met him at the tour of Britain a few years ago. Its a shame when personal relationships get in the way of talent.

TRENDING THREADS