• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andreu-Stapleton Covert Record

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I know most of you are likely familiar with this but it really gives years old context to the current revelations. (Mods? If this is redundant, delete, apologies)

There's no way anyone can listen to this and think anything other than:
Stapleton is doing a clean up/pressure job, and Andreu is covering up the hospital room conversation.

http://www.stolenunderground.com/

Go to the Secrets page for the recordings.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
mftorso said:
I know most of you are likely familiar with this but it really gives years old context to the current revelations. (Mods? If this is redundant, delete, apologies)

There's no way anyone can listen to this and think anything other than:
Stapleton is doing a clean up/pressure job, and Andreu is covering up the hospital room conversation.

http://www.stolenunderground.com/

Go to the Secrets page for the recordings.

Never heard it before. Also didn't realize SU was up again.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
TexPat said:
Would be good to have a cleaner copy of that online and archived.
Anyone?

Yes. Please.

Andreu: "The hospital room happened, but I've never told anybody...
What does this **** accomplish? Nothing?"

May 21, 2010
Visit site
TexPat said:
Would be good to have a cleaner copy of that online and archived.
Anyone?

I'm an audio engineer by profession.
I'll either, download these files, or, contact the admin's and see if they'd make it available.

Can't make it pristine but I can improve it quite a bit.

Assuming I can Download/get the file from admin, will take me a few days.
I'll shoot for end of the weekend.

Chilling stuff to be sure.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
The site says those recordings relate to From Lance to Landis, but it sounds like it relates to LA Confidential, i.e., several years earlier.

Edit: wow, I just realized that wasn't a phone conversation. Andreu says towards the very end "Lance said you guys were gonna be coming by," then it sounds like Stapleton is walking away. Wow.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
mftorso said:
I'm an audio engineer by profession.
I'll either, download these files, or, contact the admin's and see if they'd make it available.

Can't make it pristine but I can improve it quite a bit.

Assuming I can Download/get the file from admin, will take me a few days.
I'll shoot for end of the weekend.

Chilling stuff to be sure.

You could probably contact Decanio personally and he could send you the file if you can't pull it off the site.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
elizab said:
How do you surmise Frankie tried to cover up the hospital incident? It was the secret so many knew. I don't think you used the correct wording here.

Although I couldn't understand everything on the recording, it seems like Stapleton was clearly trying to get everyone contacted by Walsh to make a public statement along the lines of "I never said that," in order to confront The Times and attack Walsh's credibility. Frankie was merely saying that he never told Walsh the hospital story.

Betsy, if you can comment, am I right about the timing, approx. 2005?

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Cleaning This Audio Up

Kennf1 said:
You could probably contact Decanio personally and he could send you the file if you can't pull it off the site.

I got it off the site as crappy mp3's. Don't see a contact for the admin's.
If anyone has access let me know. Otherwise I'll work on the mp3's in the next few days.

Kennf1 said:
Although I couldn't understand everything on the recording, it seems like Stapleton was clearly trying to get everyone contacted by Walsh to make a public statement along the lines of "I never said that," in order to confront The Times and attack Walsh's credibility. Frankie was merely saying that he never told Walsh the hospital story.

Betsy, if you can comment, am I right about the timing, approx. 2005?

Frankie was telling Bill that he wasn't the source for the hospital incident to the Troll; hence, that exchange.
You're a year off - it was 2004

TRENDING THREADS