• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Androni in Giro 2011

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
i'm happy that we'll see this guy again in a very big race:

SELLA%20WINS.jpg

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Michielveedeebee said:
make him go away!

If more dopers who were caught behaved like Sella, the péloton would be a much better place.

And if I was going to dope, I'd want to hold the KOM from day 1 to the end, win back-to-back mountain stages, then come 6 seconds shy of three straight MTF wins too.

Not to mention that since he's come back he's animated an awful lot of races going off the front; he has shown glimpses of climbing excellence (Austria in particular) but other times he's just been a maniacal breakaway fiend (Portugal being especially memorable).

You may have guessed since he was my avatar for quite a long time, but as ex-dopers go, I like Emanuele Sella. I'd rather see him back in the Giro than Riccò for sure.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
i'm happy that we'll see this guy again in a very big race:

SELLA%20WINS.jpg

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Libertine Seguros said:
If more dopers who were caught behaved like Sella, the péloton would be a much better place.

And if I was going to dope, I'd want to hold the KOM from day 1 to the end, win back-to-back mountain stages, then come 6 seconds shy of three straight MTF wins too.

Not to mention that since he's come back he's animated an awful lot of races going off the front; he has shown glimpses of climbing excellence (Austria in particular) but other times he's just been a maniacal breakaway fiend (Portugal being especially memorable).

You may have guessed since he was my avatar for quite a long time, but as ex-dopers go, I like Emanuele Sella. I'd rather see him back in the Giro than Riccò for sure.

+1.gif

And we will see this in the GIRO

stage5_podium.jpg

SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAA

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

The fact that he has come back and entertained races doesn't indicate that he is back to his old tricks? Do you have a link that demonstrates how he behaved after doping?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
I just love Jens_attacks for his idolism of ex-dopers :D

galaxy1 said:
i just can't get enough of that diquigiovanni team kit.

i'm sure there is room on there for more sponsors - under the arms, maybe?

+1.gif

diquigiovannicamita10x600.jpg

Final teams result:

1° Androni-Diquigiovanni 838 puntos,
2° De Rosa-Stac Plastic 748,
3° Liquigas – Doimo 633,
4° Colnago – CSF 627,
5° ISD – Neri 620,
6° Acqua & Sapone 619,
7° Lampre – Farnese 563,
8° Flaminia – Bossini 537,
9° Miche 454,
10° Carmiooro – NGC 387,
11° CDC – Cavaliere 303.

auscyclefan94 said:
The fact that he has come back and entertained races doesn't indicate that he is back to his old tricks? Do you have a link that demonstrates how he behaved after doping?

In the clinic you can speculate whether Sella is doping. But since his comeback he hasnt failed a dope test and thats the same basis why everyone else is percieved as being clean, including your favourite riders.

The official non clinic position is simply, Sella and the others have served their sentence, and are allowed back in the peloton.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I too like and partially share your Fun attacking racing> everything else cycling view.

Again
+1.gif

Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli 2011 team roster.

Francesco Ginanni (Ita)
Alessandro Bertolini (Ita)
Roberto Ferrari (Ita)
Riccardo Chiarini (Ita)
Giairo Ermeti (Ita)
Emanuele Sella (Ita)
Antonio Santoro (Ita)
Luis Mate (Spa)
Angel Vicioso (Spa)
Carlos Ochoa (Ven)
Jackson Rodriguez (Ven)
Yonathan Monsalve (Ven)
José Serpa (Col)

7 awesome riders to be announced the coming week ...

auscyclefan94 said:

But there's a difference between making races entertaining by flying off the front and winning mountain stages by several minutes, and making races entertaining by stagehunting trying to get in the break, and losing time. He's been good in some climbs - Austria, for example - but in many mountainous races he's been lose-time-then-try-to-win-from-breaks good - Moncoutié style rather than Contador. It's a lot more easy to believe that the way he's currently riding is his talent level clean.

With regards what Sella's done since suspension:
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/nov08/nov25news2
http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiSport/ARTIC...d8b-4f65-83b1-625a7ca770cd.html?cat=Ciclismo_
http://velonews.competitor.com/2008/08/road/sella-tells-coni-he-used-epo_81475

Basically, Sella said "yep, I did it, this is what I did, this is where I got it from, this is who I got it from (Priamo is currently sitting out four years), this is what I know".

At one bust earlier this year he even came out immediately and said "this is nothing to do with me". People suspected it was a return to omertà, but more realistically it was just him trying to distance himself from the bust because he's been cited (though not always confirmed) as the source of many leaks of information, which has made him rather unpopular with some. There seems to be an "if in doubt, blame Sella" attitude towards info leaks on Italian doping from some quarters.

Savio said last month that he asked for & received from the UCI Sella's his blood and urine results dating back to 2008. He said there was no dubious variations (as there were in 08) since he returned. He also said Sella is shy and impressionable and could've stayed clean if he had better people around him.

Then he said he wouldn't have signed Ricco because because he'd be impossible to manage this way.

(From October's ProCycling Magazine)

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Respect ...

That was another Podium hit by Savio today in the Giro del Piemonte: Cossato - Cherasco 194km.

1 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Omega Pharma - Lotto 4:28:03
2 Leonardo Bertagnolli (Ita) Androni Giocattoli - Diquigiovanni 0:00:02
3 Matti Breschel (Den) Team Saxo Bank

pic146402807_600.jpg

pic146377750_600.jpg

bettiniphoto_0060766_1_full_600.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Oohhhlllaalaa ........

"¿Androni also in the Tour de France 2011¡"

Vaughters just Tweets>..

Vaughters: As per the agreement of Sept. '08 between ASO and UCI, if Scarponi gets 1st or 2nd, Diquigiovanni is guaranteed a start in the TdF.

spook.gif

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
October 16, 2010 another podio for AGD

Giro de Lombardía: Gianni Savio ¡Impresionante! (Top 6) Classification:

1. Philippe Gilbert (Omega) 6:46:32
2. Michele Scarponi (Androni Giocattoli - Diquigiovanni) a 12"
3. Pablo Lastras (Caisse) a 55"
4. Jacob Fulgsang (Saxo)
5. Vicenzo Nibali (Liquigas)
6. Samuel Sánchez (Euskaltel Euskadi)

07SavioIMG_5479.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well less french better tour.i hope europcar and cofidis will not be invited.they ride their bike only when they're forced to.

Bbox were a pleasure to watch in the tour this year and cofidis have been fun to watch all year, I'd take those teams EVERY time over androni

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well less french better tour.i hope europcar and cofidis will not be invited.they ride their bike only when they're forced to.

stefrees said:
Bbox were a pleasure to watch in the tour this year and cofidis have been fun to watch all year, I'd take those teams EVERY time over androni

Where were they then today in Lombardia ? ... Androni for such a small team was leading the race for God sake my dear stefrees ! Only one finished of the 34 that have.
29.Samuel Dumoulin (Fra) Cofidis a "0:12:44

bettiniphoto_0060897_1_full_600.jpg

bettiniphoto_0060895_1_full_600.jpg

bettiniphoto_0060893_1_full_600.jpg

pic146588617_600.jpg

TRENDING THREADS