• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 256 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
So what? Then mod those who do that. It's their fault, not the thread. You can't just ban a topic because some can't handle it.

Precisely.

Jspear- Oh he will definitely make a comeback. ;)

other people- Remember to stop and take a moment to think before you post anything that could be too volatile.

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
By the way, is it okay to think the picture of Lance looking at the trophy the same way is a great picture? Or are we "enjoying" Lance's pain then?

No, that wouldn't be okay. A better person just lets it go, especially if your guy actually won in the end as well.

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Lol I guess 90% of the posters on this forum are bad people then. Everyone loved that Lance pic.

In that specific respect, yes. I wouldn't lie and say I didn't enjoy it at least a little either. But, as always, he has his supporters that would gloat if they found a picture of Cadel in '05 or something.

I was a little harsh at first though, it just seems mean for you and for this section of the forum. Relating it to another sport I follow, I enjoyed it like hell when Al Hilal got angry about losing the Asian Champions League to and Aussie team. We all do it, outwardly or not.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's funny to see Froome and Quintana on their stationary bikes right after the stage ends, and before they go on the podium. If you only think back a couple of years, you would never see Andy, Contador or Evans like that!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
What kind of cycling forum did I stumble into? :confused: All the wishing Andy was back, this can't be cyclingnews. ;)

I too miss the old days, a single day of the Contador v. Schleck battle was better then all the mountain stages we've had so far.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Zam_Olyas said:
A top form Andy would have shaken things up a little bit in ze mountains..i guess. 2015 tdf.

Like what? :confused:
Riding backwards, attacking after the finish line, or looking hard at Froome or whoever is riding next to him...
A top form Andy would have further complained about the cobbles, wet descents, too hot weather, too windy, too cold, too less race stoppages & rider strikes... Did I forgot something?
IOW: Thanks god he´s gone, and big siz isn´t around either...
:cool:

Re: Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Zam_Olyas said:
A top form Andy would have shaken things up a little bit in ze mountains..i guess. 2015 tdf.

Riding backwards, attacking after the finish line, or looking hard at Froome or whoever is riding next to him...
A top form Andy would have further complained about the cobbles, wet descents, too hot weather, too windy, too cold, too less race stoppages & rider strikes... Did I forgot something?

Well... there was always the long-range Gallibier attack. :cool:

RedheadDane said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Zam_Olyas said:

Well... there was always the long-range Gallibier attack. :cool:
Besides that, has Andy ever done a daring attack :confused: I remember he would do last km attacks to gain a couple seconds (Schleckonds we'd call them back then) He lost the 2010 and 2011 TDF on the road because he was too passive.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Zam_Olyas said:

I agree with Foxxy :eek:

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why this thread was resurrected from the dead, but Andy Schleck was a great rider who will always be remembered for his bold and daring, one-of-a-kind attack at the Galibier, for his precocious talent, and for being the first rider since Hinault to win a monument and the Tour de France.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Zam_Olyas said:

Can't combat this,so much talent but not enough determination to exploit it :(